trains - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

trains

Craig Mason

Been waiting for this week for ages!  Thursday to Sunday for £62 return with Virgin.

If you're familiar with train bookings you might know about this but I wasn't and a friend told me.  If you're travelling in a group of 3 or more then you qualify for a discount.  Once you've entered your stations, dates etc go to the 'Add Railcard' section and select 'GroupSave'. 

3 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

Got our outward journey booked on the 10th for £40 for 2 adults & 1 child with a railcard. We are staying till the Monday so i think the return is online tomorrow. :ok:

Looking forward to paying £38 for the Heathrow Express :(

7 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

If you are booking advance singles try booking one way at a time. There are trains London to Glasgow for as little as £30 single on the 12th :ok:

Cheers mate

We're going back to Edinburgh, they don't seem to be  available yet

Will keep tyring 

Hello been checking trains from Edinburgh since the first post went up on this Going down Wednesday price good kempton park is on night meeting another course tick off but coming back sat or sun can't find anything cheap £ 125 single the best I know it's going to be a premium time but whats the best sites I can try thanks for any help ta is am

Thanks martinfaeporty try trainline still could not see it any cheaper on the sat or sun other than the £ 256.00 for 2 but with a bit searching and changing number of days using trainline So going down wed 0900 edin london = £ 50 Sat London York 13.20 = £ 35 have 2 days in York then mon York to  edin 13.20 £ 31.60 so all in for the trains for 2 of us with booking and postal fees is £ 119.10 brilliant  ps I could have got us back to Edinburgh on sat 13.20 London to York then 3 hr or so in York then 19.32 York to Edinburgh all in with booking and postal fees = £ 70.10 for 2 A big difference from   £ 256.00 it may help somebody Sorry for the saga thanks again martinfaeporty are you doing Malta and brataslavia