Internet Phone - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Guest BlueGaz

Can you not just buy a cheap VOIP phone for a few quid a month contract?  That would plug directly into your router and away you go.  They are very inexpensive.

26 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Can you not just buy a cheap VOIP phone for a few quid a month contract?  That would plug directly into your router and away you go.  They are very inexpensive.

I think that is what the Linksys is - not too clued up on this

Only started asking, when i was in Angola, and 1 of the guy's got a call from his wife, and didnt know who was calling, so was asking how come he dont know his wife's number

I also noticed a few of the calls i get from guys in Cape Town, are coming from South Korea - even the local Tyre dealership  

34 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

I think that is what the Linksys is - not too clued up on this

Only started asking, when i was in Angola, and 1 of the guy's got a call from his wife, and didnt know who was calling, so was asking how come he dont know his wife's number

I also noticed a few of the calls i get from guys in Cape Town, are coming from South Korea - even the local Tyre dealership  

Yes, its a a great help to PPI cold callers as they change their numbers often and regularly.

Can you not just get an app for your phone that uses Internet connectivity?

20 minutes ago, andymac said:

Yes, its a a great help to PPI cold callers as they change their numbers often and regularly.

Can you not just get an app for your phone that uses Internet connectivity?

seems so - this is what 1 of my buddies from IT is recommending 

he is suggesting www.sipgate.co.uk