Scotland's Game - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland's Game

2 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I don't see that happening at present.....

Parklife does not see Rangers finishing above Aberdeen this season... I'd be amazed if they don't. I am not even sure Aberdeen will ever get ahead of Rangers in the league table after just this few games played.

Everyone sees Celtic walking it this year. I think Rangers will be challenging. 

Rangers fans see 'owners' as 'people who waste millions of pounds of their own money buying them success', that is the reality of 'owning' Rangers.

If King does not bring Gloating Central back at the capital of Hunland he will find himself under unbelievable pressure to spend. They all do.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Parklife does not see Rangers finishing above Aberdeen this season... I'd be amazed if they don't. I am not even sure Aberdeen will ever get ahead of Rangers in the league table after just this few games played.

Everyone sees Celtic walking it this year. I think Rangers will be challenging. 

Rangers fans see 'owners' as 'people who waste millions of pounds of their own money buying them success', that is the reality of 'owning' Rangers.

If King does not bring Gloating Central back at the capital of Hunland he will find himself under unbelievable pressure to spend. They all do.

Oh, the first bit will happen without a doubt. Not a chance they will however be any closer to Celtic than Aberdeen were the last two seasons.

5 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Oh, the first bit will happen without a doubt. Not a chance they will however be any closer to Celtic than Aberdeen were the last two seasons.

Hmmm. What are the odds on Rangers winning the league this year...

Ok so oddschecker says Celtic are 1/4 on Rangers are 7/2 and the Dons are 25/1.

Rangers would be the value bet there sadly.

edit: this is a totally crazy bet but I think Rangers will go close and maybe win it this year.

Edited by thplinth

10 minutes ago, thplinth said:

edit: this is a totally crazy bet but I think Rangers will go close and maybe win it this year.

A value bet? Each way? Not a chance they'll win the league this season. 

12 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I'll give you 5/1.

:lol:

Not a chance Rangers will win it this season. The strength in depth at Celtic will ensure they walk the league, even with the champions league as a distraction.

27 minutes ago, macy37 said:

A value bet? 

Aye. Meaning 7/2 is too high. It is a two horse race FFS.

Rangers are pure rangers ragin and motivated to win like Chris Froome* injecting russian dope.

Every game is a come back tour of fuhk you for at least the first loop. Brendan could slip under immense pressure and little money and the wheels could come off... Joey Barton's team of slapstick nutters could start bullying out win after win after win... you've seen the movie.

*joke

24 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I'll give you 5/1.

Not a chance Rangers will win it this season. The strength in depth at Celtic will ensure they walk the league, even with the champions league as a distraction.

Aye ok. I bet 100 pounds (sorry can't find the pounds symbol :lol:).

All winnings to the sunshine appeal of course. 

Edited by thplinth

11 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Aye. Meaning 7/2 is too high. It is a two horse race FFS.

Rangers are pure rangers ragin and motivated to win like Chris Froome* injecting russian dope.

Every game is a come back tour of fuhk you for at least the first loop. Brendan could slip under immense pressure and little money and the wheels could come off... Joey Barton's team of slapstick nutters could start bullying out win after win after win... you've seen the movie.

*joke

Aye ok. I bet 100 pounds (sorry can't find the pounds symbol :lol:).

All winnings to the sunshine appeal of course. 

But in reality it's 7/2 in a one horse race.

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

Rangers were humiliated in their own eyes after years of being pish in the 80's. They just went mental at that point and decided to use the 'blue pound' to buy the league after that point. This is what destroyed them and the Scottish league as the SFA are spineless rangers yes men who just went along with it. 

totally agree with u mate.  But as I say, if a chinese billionaire came in to buy your club and signed messi would you stand up and say NOO, this isny right.  Or would you say say ya beauty, we will win league and rangers and celtic.  And long term of scottish game.  Its a difficult one if you answer honestly ma pal.

14 minutes ago, thplinth said:

So are you up for the 100 pound 5/1 bet also for charity?

200 at risk from me versus 1000 smackers from you two.

let's get it on!

If I had a spare £100 I wouldn't be multiplying it for Charity. Bollocks to charity. My family are my charity.

12 minutes ago, thplinth said:

So are you up for the 100 pound 5/1 bet also for charity?

200 at risk from me versus 1000 smackers from you two.

let's get it on!

While I'm confident in my opinion, I couldn't afford to pay out in the unlikely event I lost, making it a pointless bet.

I'll bet £25 against your £5 though.

If you're interested in such things, the bookies offer generous odds on underdogs in a lot of Scottish games. At a quick glance 8/1 Morton at Easter road is the best example I can see for tomorrow.

I tend to exclude Celtic from these things, but 6/1 Aberdeen might interest some.

On August 25, 2016 at 3:57 PM, Rossy said:

Interesting programme. 

The start of the decline in Scottish football laid bare. 

Money, greed, arrogance, short-sightedness, constant bawbaggery of the highest order, press connivance.

The only person in that hour who came out with any credit is Fergus McCann. 

Shows you how wooden the average fitba' fan is with the abuse McCann took from Tims(Am I allowed to say Tims?). 

The same crap Geoff Brown put up with on obviously a lesser scale. 

Compared to guys like David Murray et al who ripped up our game as a toy for their own ego!

Thought it was very good, covered a few things I had forgotten all about, notably the Dundee Utd takeover of Dundee having come so close to happening, and also what a shady character David Duff was. Set out its stall early (basically money ruined football) and continued with that throughout. Of the various talking heads Cosgrove and Spiers talked the most sense, overall most contributors were fair and open in what they said. Certainly didn't romanticise the era one bit. Looking forward to the next one, in which I guess Mad Vlad will feature heavily. 

Edited by Pool Q

Yeah it was superficially interesting in a nostalgic way but did it really tell you anything new about how "Sir" David was able to spend so wildly. Look at how much time they gave to utter utter whankers like Traynor and numerous others... BBC pish. 

14 hours ago, Pool Q said:

Thought it was very good, covered a few things I had forgotten all about, notably the Dundee Utd takeover of Dundee having come so close to happening, and also what a shady character David Duff was. Set out its stall early (basically money ruined football) and continued with that throughout. Of the various talking heads Cosgrove and Spiers talked the most sense, overall most contributors were fair and open in what they said. Certainly didn't romanticise the era one bit. Looking forward to the next one, in which I guess Mad Vlad will feature heavily. 

I'd never heard of David Duff, so definitely found the bit about him interesting.

Wonder if Giovanni di Stefano will feature on the next one as well?