Scotland's Game - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland's Game

4 hours ago, dan cake said:

levein was and is a chunt

its as simple as that 

you really are a strange strange person. If you live your life in a constant state of rage against Hearts I feel sorry for you. I know it's hard for you to come to terms with the fact that Hearts have come through their troubles better and stronger, both on and off the field, but if you spend more time worrying about your team and less about us you might find that life is good 

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, dipped flake said:

you really are a strange strange person. If you live your life in a constant state of rage against Hearts I feel sorry for you. I know it's hard for you to come to terms with the fact that Hearts have come through their troubles better and stronger, both on and off the field, but if you spend more time worrying about your team and less about us you might find that life is good 

very strange post

no mention of hearts from me 

whatever tho

1 hour ago, fraz65 said:

I don't understand the Hamilton love-in.

When did their youth system last produce a regular Scotland internationalist?

As a comparison who was the last SPFL player to come through their club youth system to become a regular Scotland international? 

6 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

As a comparison who was the last SPFL player to come through their club youth system to become a regular Scotland international? 

The Hibs youngsters were getting stick for not conforming to Collins' training methods but they're easily the most successful group of young Scottish players in recent years.

12 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

The Hibs youngsters were getting stick for not conforming to Collins' training methods but they're easily the most successful group of young Scottish players in recent years.

Does make you wonder what would of happened if Collins had been allowed to stick around with his training camps 

54 minutes ago, dan cake said:

relegation 

collins talks a good game but signed fuds like ma-kalambay

Actually talking in terms of their development as both Collins and Lambert talked about training on the continent being far more intense than back in Scotland so if Collins was allowed to continue his continental training methods then maybe the Hibs lads could of gone on to greater things

cant believe we are still talking about fitness and training as a barrier to success for our footballers, thought we were past that. collins, as much as he loves himself and is a wee bit nauseating, cannot be lost to the game. most cultured player of his generation and with wide experience. he must be involved in some way.

24 minutes ago, Boynze said:

cant believe we are still talking about fitness and training as a barrier to success for our footballers, thought we were past that. collins, as much as he loves himself and is a wee bit nauseating, cannot be lost to the game. most cultured player of his generation and with wide experience. he must be involved in some way.

100% but not as a manager

3 hours ago, fraz65 said:

Scott Brown, Stephen Fletcher, Naismith, David Marshall, Snodgrass?

Not one of these players became regular caps until after they left the clubs that brought them through. That in itself is a problem for Scottish football. 

4 hours ago, Toepoke said:

All made their debuts before James McArthur...

James McArthur has never been a Scotland regular though, that's my point. Hamilton were used as an example as a club who have got youth development right but really there's little to show for it at the Scottish national level.

Just got around to watching this weeks one.

Started out well, but ran out of steam half way through and seemed to just chuck everything into the pot as filler material (seemed to go in about 3 or 4 different tangents over the last 10-15 minutes) while the other shows seemed to have some structure to them.