Chumps League Draw - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Chumps League Draw

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough draw. Hardest group by far. 

It's all about 3rd place....but BM just won a tie 9-2 against a team that would beat Celtic.

Wouldn't surprise me if Celtic ended up with nul points in this group.

16 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Tough draw. Hardest group by far. 

It's all about 3rd place....but BM just won a tie 9-2 against a team that would beat Celtic.

Wouldn't surprise me if Celtic ended up with nul points in this group.

I'd honestly be happy with a point.

Celtic can take a bit of consolation in the fact that Barcelona rarely go through a qualifying group with maximum points. 

Generally they'll take their foot off the gas and drop points to a diddy team somewhere along the line. 

Can one of the chumps league fans answer this, did I really hear them say Spurs couldn't be in certain groups for two reasons, other English sides was the first reason but the 2nd was to do with tv rules?

wtf?

Edited by vanderark14

10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Can one of the chumps league fans answer this, did I really hear them say Spurs couldn't be in certain groups for two reasons, other English sides was the first reason but the 2nd was to do with tv rules?

wtf?

I think as there are 4 english teams in it, two need to go in groups A - D and the other two need to go into E-H so that they are equally spread over the two days on TV. Bat shit mental.

Just now, Mox said:

I think as there are 4 english teams in it, two need to go in groups A - D and the other two need to go into E-H so that they are equally spread over the two days on TV. Bat shit mental.

It really is a ridiculous tournament yet the masses love it........

19 minutes ago, Mox said:

The 3rd last team (possibly) drawn out couldnt go into one of the 3 groups left,so the group pick only had 2 balls to ensure they went into another group,but if it's a random draw,how did they know what ball had the group in it that they couldn't enter?

I realise that doesn't read very well,I'm confusing myself with it too :lol:

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

The 3rd last team (possibly) drawn out couldnt go into one of the 3 groups left,so the group pick only had 2 balls to ensure they went into another group,but if it's a random draw,how did they know what ball had the group in it that they couldn't enter?

I realise that doesn't read very well,I'm confusing myself with it too :lol:

They put a ball for all the groups they are allowed in into a bowl. (As opposed to taking out the ones they can't go in).

i presume under the table they have a bucket of As, Bs, Cs etc.

Then they pull out a team, then stick the balls in a ball....

Do you remember the good old days, not all that long ago, when the Champions League was appropriately named and it was a straight draw, no seeds, and if the English Champions happened to be drawn against the German champions in the first round, so be it? Great days.

The respective champions of England v Germany; winners to play the respective champions of Scotland v Denmark. Wonderful.

Fantastic draw. Not in terms of progression to the next round nor having another shot in the euro league but really attractive.

I am living 30 minutes away down the autobahn from Borussia Mönchengladbach Nordpark Stadion and am defo buying Tickets and will go there. Can see a good number of celtic fans coming over and staying in Cologne and Düsseldorf rather than Gladbach. 

Barca and City..not much to say bout these 2 other than: wow