Chumps League Draw - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Chumps League Draw

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Big Col said:

did i hear somewhere that they are also introducing wildcards into the group stages?

It was on of the ideas put forward for when teams like man Utd don't qualify. UEFA didn't apply it. I would say thank they didn't apply it but they might as well have.

On 26/08/2016 at 7:30 AM, thewolf_1980 said:

Do you remember the good old days, not all that long ago, when the Champions League was appropriately named and it was a straight draw, no seeds, and if the English Champions happened to be drawn against the German champions in the first round, so be it? Great days.

The respective champions of England v Germany; winners to play the respective champions of Scotland v Denmark. Wonderful.

I think, and its going back to the mid 80's, that they had a proper european cup for league winner's of every country, as it should be, and real madrid and one of the milan teams were drawn together in the first or second round while the champs of malta and luxembourg were drawn together. There was some disquiet from the bigger clubs and it might have led to the CL. I didin't think there was anything wrong with that but football is facked.

Hope celtic get beat in every game.