Stuart87

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proof positive chaps .......

oliver-burke-red-bull-leipzig_3774753.jp

8 minutes ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Interesting move. Think its too early (hes only played 20 odd games for Forest) but could be great education for him in long run.

Hope you guys at Forest can at least bring in a couple of good replacement players with the money you get from Leipzig :ok:

1 hour ago, Dandydon said:

That's an incredible move for the lad, wish him well. Hopefully this is the start of more young Scottish players moving abroad although it hasn't worked out too well for Ryan Gauld so far.

Harsh on Gauld, he's on loan at the moment.

A bit early to decide whether it's worth it.

this transfer is also a bit different, at that fee they must be expecting Burke to start.

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

this transfer is also a bit different, at that fee they must be expecting Burke to start.

I think it's an interesting move for this lad.

He'd likely have struggled for game time at a lot of the clubs he was linked with, this one, however, should see decent chance of game time at a very good level.

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Good point !

After the internationals, Leipzig play Borussia Dortmund at home on the 10th and then are away to Hamburg on the 17th. 

1 minute ago, Cove_Sheep said:

I think it's an interesting move for this lad.

He'd likely have struggled for game time at a lot of the clubs he was linked with, this one, however, should see decent chance of game time at a very good level.

Time will tell whether it's a good move but I think it's really encouraging that someone that young is prepared to move abroad, a lot of others wouldn't.

I suppose the difference with Burke as compared to Gauld for example is that at the price they've paid, it does look like they are buying him with a view to playing him straight away rather than as someone to go into the youth system for a couple of years first.   The other major difference of course is that he is physically more developed that Gauld was/is.  

I just read a few articles on RB Leipzig. It seems they are one of the most hated teams in Germany because they don't really conform to the 50+1 rule. It looks a bit like a pet project for red bull, throwing money at it to get success. It may be fairly obvious the way they do it but it's no different to Bayern Munich. The only reason that Bayern preach financial fair play is because they make more money than anyone else in Germany therefore they hold the advantage.

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I just read a few articles on RB Leipzig. It seems they are one of the most hated teams in Germany because they don't really conform to the 50+1 rule. It looks a bit like a pet project for red bull, throwing money at it to get success. It may be fairly obvious the way they do it but it's no different to Bayern Munich. The only reason that Bayern preach financial fair play is because they make more money than anyone else in Germany therefore they hold the advantage.

It couldn't be further from bayern munich. They bought the playing rights from a 5th division side desperate for money after trying to get their foot in the door at St Pauli and 1860 Munich. They are a khunt of a club, no doubt about it.

3 minutes ago, Mox said:

It couldn't be further from bayern munich. They bought the playing rights from a 5th division side desperate for money after trying to get their foot in the door at St Pauli and 1860 Munich. They are a khunt of a club, no doubt about it.

I'm not disputing their ishness, I'm just stating that BM are far from perfect themselves, they are at the forefront of the latest CL changes. Feck them. 

Good luck to Burke, I hope he tears it up over there.

Edited by vanderark14

Seems like a bit of a sideways move to me. This outfit play in the German second tier; I'm sure he'll get a game but he'd have been as well staying put at an English second tier club where at least he's settled. 

Then again, money talks. I just hope this works out for him because from what I've seen the boy looks the real deal. 

1 minute ago, scotlad said:

Seems like a bit of a sideways move to me. This outfit play in the German second tier; I'm sure he'll get a game but he'd have been as well staying put at an English second tier club where at least he's settled. 

Then again, money talks. I just hope this works out for him because from what I've seen the boy looks the real deal. 

They play in the bundesliga. Played their first match today v Hoeffenheim, drew 2-2

16 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

They play in the bundesliga. Played their first match today v Hoeffenheim, drew 2-2

Watched that game the day and Red Bull were the better team, so there is a chance he is joining a club that might have a decent season.