Oliver Burke - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Oliver Burke

Stuart87

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Paulo2576 said:

If that was his patter they they'd be welcome to him!

No reason to worry though as far as I can see though

No reason, but this is Scotland and things have a habit of going wrong. I'm sure he's committed though and will be great for us. Strachan might accidently punch him in the baws or something, let's get him tied in, is all, with no fannying about.

1 minute ago, scotsgary2 said:

Is this guy any good speaking with a mate from work follows the championship with Derby and is amazed that he went for the money he did.

Rekons Forest cashed in while they could....says he very fast but nothing spectacular ??

Because Derby fans are known for being pretty objective when it comes to Forest.  

A bit like a German asking a Celtic fan for his opinion of Barry Mackay. 

Just now, aaid said:

Because Derby fans are known for being pretty objective when it comes to Forest.  

A bit like a German asking a Celtic fan for his opinion of Barry Mackay. 

Have taken that into account here he was pretty objective loves his football...dont know alot about Burke thats all mate

Not too shocking really, all the great Scottish players were around before these high transfer fees were the norm and since they've been the norm we haven't had a player worthy of such a high fee.......maybe Barry Ferguson :) 

Stephen Fletcher was 11/12 Million

Ross McCormack has been 11/12 million Twice I think

How much was Rhodes.....?   8m?

Craig Gordon was 9m iirc

Hutton was 8m

both the last two were ten years ago...  

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

He certainly looks a real prospect. Brilliant move for him and says a lot about his evident potential but what amazed me was the papers said he was the most expensive Scottish player ever. That shocked me.

A young player with potential at an EPL/Championship club is going to be around that fee. It just so happens Burke is Scottish.

If Ryan Gauld had been with an English team he would have gone for something similar too - It's just the way with the inflated market down there.

Here's hoping Burke becomes a superstar though - Certainly had a good start to his career.

I see no viable reason why he shouldn't start. Our side needs re-energized with youngsters coming in and he is evidently one of our leading lights. On club form he should be in the side as well especially if you consider that a lot of our midfield are either not getting any club football or aren't in a good run of form. Also if expert opinion on him is anything to go by he is a hot prospect. Get him in Gordon. 

It is shocking. For a few of the reasons above. This kid has just breezed through our record signing...

This is a marker of how long it has been since we produced a player. The EPL has been so cash rich for so long it really highlights how long we have been not producing players because someone surely would have paid this amount and more for relative pish player by now.

18 minutes ago, thplinth said:

It is shocking. For a few of the reasons above. This kid has just breezed through our record signing...

This is a marker of how long it has been since we produced a player. The EPL has been so cash rich for so long it really highlights how long we have been not producing players because someone surely would have paid this amount and more for relative pish player by now.

The problem is most of our players are reared in Scotland. Our clubs are too impoverished to demand transfer fees in that region.