Oliver Burke - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Oliver Burke

Stuart87

Anyone else see the amount of utter fecking idiots on twitter last night slagging off Burke ?

Apparently because Burke didn't score and he made a couple of nervous mistakes he is now totally pish and shouldn't be picked for Scotland again. What the hell is wrong with these people ? :mad: Bet they are all thumb sucking Daily Record readers.

Oliver Burke did well as can be expected of a nineteen year old who was making his competitive debut away from home. 

I'd start him again against Lithuania at Hampden.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Anyone else see the amount of utter fecking idiots on twitter last night slagging off Burke ?

Apparently because Burke didn't score and he made a couple of nervous mistakes he is now totally pish and shouldn't be picked for Scotland again. What the hell is wrong with these people ? :mad: Bet they are all thumb sucking Daily Record readers.

Oliver Burke did well as can be expected of a nineteen year old who was making his competitive debut away from home. 

I'd start him again against Lithuania at Hampden.

Burke will find more space on a bigger hampden pitch, I noticed a few people on another forum having a dig at him for not dominating a game like "Gareth Bale" 

these people are idiots and seem to think Burke is going to become the worlds best overnight.

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Burke will find more space on a bigger hampden pitch, I noticed a few people on another forum having a dig at him for not dominating a game like "Gareth Bale" 

these people are idiots and seem to think Burke is going to become the worlds best overnight.

Idiots exist everywhere though.

Posters here have long berated Bannan as not being worth a starting place in our side (one of our best players the other night), posters berating Ritchie and that he shouldn't be near the side yet has already scored 3 goals for us and the other night had a hand in most of our goals, posters calling for Paterson to be included and how he must play and then he is blamed by some for goal, Chris Martin is devil incarnate here and shouldn't be near the side yet scored to get us ahead and won us the penalty. In short a majority of fans and posters know Jack.

“He’s gone over to Germany and I can’t understand that, to be honest with you. I think that stinks of agents more than anything else,” said Hartson. “How much German football do we all see? We see highlights of Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund, and that’s about it.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What an utter arse.

I'm with John to be honest. Can't believe the cheek of lad. I pay good money every month to watch clubs like Burnley, West Brom and Hull live on the TV in what is clearly the biggest league in the world and he has the audacity to join some mob in Germany that I've never heard of. Shocked, frankly.

Disappointed with Hartson's comments. 

As for people having a go at Burke after his debut - if true - they need to get a grip. Burke played reasonably well and for his first start, he did very well. Also, he offers (if going by that performance and his start to the season in England) us something we lack, an fast-paced attacking minded player. Him and Snodgrass could be huge players for us this campaign and the fine line between success and failure.

Not to put pressure on the lad though. Let's see how he does in Germany and unless he falls out of form rapidly, I'd be willing to start him again against Lithuania. 

18 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

As for people having a go at Burke after his debut - if true - they need to get a grip. Burke played reasonably well and for his first start, he did very well. Also, he offers (if going by that performance and his start to the season in England) us something we lack, an fast-paced attacking minded player. Him and Snodgrass could be huge players for us this campaign and the fine line between success and failure.

Not to put pressure on the lad though. Let's see how he does in Germany and unless he falls out of form rapidly, I'd be willing to start him again against Lithuania. 

Agree with this. I thought given it was his competitive debut and given all the intense pressure he has had to put up with the last couple of weeks, he played very well. The best game to give him a run out first was a team like Malta. Now he's had his start the next game should come even easier. Albeit, it is infront of a large home crowd. 

Hartson is a monkey headed idiot, he got a load of sympathy after his cancer scare, thats the only reason his mug is on TV now IMO. Its certainly not for his wonderful quips, nor his interesting insightful take on the game.

He should stick to what he is good at, kicking team mates in the head and being an idiot. He is the kinda bellend that you can imagine telling NASA to land on the sun at night. He has always been a little Englander.

Disappointed with Hartson who appears to be falling into line with all the other English

media hingers-on who usually do not report anything about Scottish football unless we fail or it is negative. Savage and Wright are good examples. Totally in love with EPL. 

I remember a few years ago when Zlatan Ibrahimovic had 'never done it against English opposition' - their words- so was obviously crap. Then the big man stuck 3 or 4 past the Ingerland national team- who will ever forget that overhead kick from way outside box? That shut the Khunts up. Now, of course Ibra plays for Man U so they are drooling all over him. Whan Kirrs. 

1 hour ago, weekevie04 said:

Hartson is a complete and utter thicko.

You just need to see how long he ignored his own illness for to know that.

12 hours ago, kumnio said:

He should stick to what he is good at, kicking team mates in the head and being an idiot. He is the kinda bellend that you can imagine telling NASA to land on the sun at night. He has always been a little Englander.

:lol::lol::lol: Quality!  

I think for once we can be a little excited about Burke. He has been playing first team football in a decent league and seems to be going to get first team action in Germany. Ryan gauld seems to have stagnated a bit in his development but as someone said he is only now getting his bulk so still a chance yet. 

The Leipzig manager Ralph Hasenhüttl was on telly saying that they paid a huge amount of money for Burke because he has huge potential, but that as far as his positional sense when not in possession, he's like a blank slate; he's been taught nothing. Hasenhüttl is known to have his teams press the opposition when they don't have the ball, so players switching off when not in possession is not something he'll accept. He went on to say that it will take a little time to get Burke up to level that he can contribute for 90 minutes.