Oliver Burke - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Oliver Burke

Stuart87

18 minutes ago, davew said:

His manager came out and said this the day after the Dortmund game. Roughly "he has no positional sense when his side isn't in possession, so it will take time before he's up-to-speed and able to play 90 minutes for us'.

Typical German attitude.Only time will tell if Burke can adapt. Hope so.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

He did go straight in to the team. Came off the bench and set up a winning goal. 

He'll maybe not start every game initially. That's natural with a young player moving abroad and up a level. I can understand that the manager would want to give him time to bed in, train with the squad and get used to a different style of play before picking him in the starting eleven. I wouldn't read too much in to him not getting any game time this week. 

No, I agree completely and this was always my expectation.

I just think there were a few on here who thought the £13m price tag suggested he'd be going straight in.

I watched his debut and although it was only a cameo, I'd hoped he'd done enough to at least get off the bench this weekend.

I think Leizig play again on Wednesday so we'll see what happens there.

42 minutes ago, davew said:

His manager came out and said this the day after the Dortmund game. Roughly "he has no positional sense when his side isn't in possession, so it will take time before he's up-to-speed and able to play 90 minutes for us'.

Sounds like most of our defenders. 

12 hours ago, stitch said:

you are not getting me to bite on this we all know what you are up to

in Corby you have people with a Glasgow accent that have never been to Scotland work that out....

Totaly agree with you on that plenty of guys I work with sound Scottish but have never been there. Was totally confusing when I first started working in Corby. At least it's easy to tell those that come from Kettering lol

5 minutes ago, JECK said:

Anyone know how he played in general?

He scored a goal and then literally didn't touch the ball for half an hour. He had a few wee moments in the second half including a great run and ball across the 6 yard box but no takers. Other than that though he didn't do much and got subbed after about 70 odd minutes. 

Could have received the ball to foot much more often if his new team mates had wanted to.The wee Austrian guy with the seven completely ignored him a lot.I imagine fear of losing their place to a 19 year old Scot is part of their thinking.All in all he played ok.Not brilliant but a good start.

1 hour ago, Bannannan said:

Could have received the ball to foot much more often if his new team mates had wanted to.The wee Austrian guy with the seven completely ignored him a lot.I imagine fear of losing their place to a 19 year old Scot is part of their thinking.All in all he played ok.Not brilliant but a good start.

So that would players in the starting line up playing in different positions not passing because they're worried about losing their place?  

1 hour ago, Bannannan said:

Agree about not getting ball from team mates, times when he had plenty space and was ignored,

16 hours ago, JECK said:

Anyone know how he played in general?

He was okay. Not great though. Was pretty diligent defensively, tracked back well. Wasn't involved too much in what Leipzig did going forward. Although it will take time to get used to his team mates and the way Leipzig play. 

I think it's important to remember that he is a 19 year old making his first start for a new team at a higher level than he's ever played at before.