Oliver Burke - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Oliver Burke

Stuart87

Can we start to get excited about this boy get? Scoring goals for fun this season from a wide position. The few times I've seen him he's looked great. Very strong and fast. Another goal and assist today. Offers coming in from a few Premier League teams but I do think he should stay where he is for this season. 

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Stuart87 said:

Can we start to get excited about this boy get? Scoring goals for fun this season from a wide position. The few times I've seen him he's looked great. Very strong and fast. Another goal and assist today. Offers coming in from a few Premier League teams but I do think he should stay where he is for this season. 

I'm trying not to but he does look awesome. A Leeds supporting colleague watched the game today online. Said although he drifted out the game at times anytime he did get it he looked like doing something.

Don't mind him moving as long as it was to the right club where he would get games and hopefully not be involved in a relegation scrap.

He'd be in my starting XI to face Malta.

A brilliant start to his career. Feeling good about his future. Was delighted when he (and Tierney) were kept in the senior squad and not dropped to the Under 21s. I'd prefer for him to stay at Forest this season, I doubt a team like Liverpool or Spurs would give him any first team football straight away and the relegation fodder like Sudnerland and Palace play "industrial football".

An important thing for fans to keep in mind when watching Burke too is that he's still young (nineteen) and learning, so it's natural that he'll make mistakes and have a few bad games at this age, don't always be expecting storming performances every game from him.

A wee bit of patience and understanding on our part for this young player would be good :ok: Nothing worse than hearing some daft old pwick screaming abuse at a young player because he mis-placed a pass or had a weak shot at goal..

Please let's not get too carried away though ! 

Edited by ErsatzThistle

Ive just got home from Forest v Leeds game ( a wee bit disappointed as im a Leeds fan ) I thought Oliver Burke played ok for most the game .looked very strong and hes very quick.  He was maybe a 6 or 7/10  until his goal which was superb . Took himself past 2 players then slotted in from a tight angle .He has definitely got something and he's still only 19  , In my opinion I would throw him straight in v Malta but cant see Strachan doing that unfortunately.  

5 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

He'd be in my starting XI to face Malta.

A brilliant start to his career. Feeling good about his future. Was delighted when he (and Tierney) were kept in the senior squad and not dropped to the Under 21s. I'd prefer for him to stay at Forest this season, I doubt a team like Liverpool or Spurs would give him any first team football straight away and the relegation fodder like Sudnerland and Palace play "industrial football".

An important thing for fans to keep in mind when watching Burke too is that he's still young (nineteen) and learning, so it's natural that he'll make mistakes and have a few bad games at this age, don't always be expecting storming performances every game from him.

A wee bit of patience and understanding on our part for this young player would be good :ok: Nothing worse than hearing some daft old pwick screaming abuse at a young player because he mis-placed a pass or had a weak shot at goal..

Please let's not get too carried away though ! 

Absolutely this.

13 hours ago, jamboman said:

He is only 19 so i think we need to settle down. I would also start him in Malta, against a team we need to attack. No doubt. I also dont see many other right sided players better. Him and Calum Paterson would be a very good and strong right side. 

can we get excited when he turns 20?

i think we should excited by him, who was the last player to genuinely be linked with big names like Man Utd and Bayern Munich?

maybe I'm just clinging to the hope that it's Scotland's turn to see a golden generation come through.

Just now, vanderark14 said:

can we get excited when he turns 20?

i think we should excited by him, who was the last player to genuinely be linked with big names like Man Utd and Bayern Munich?

maybe I'm just clinging to the hope that it's Scotland's turn to see a golden generation come through.

Allan McINally?

1 minute ago, scotsgary2 said:

Where has he come from ?

Is it through the forest youth team ?

Where abouts in Scotland is he from ?

Dont know alot about the guy to be honest.

Born in Kirkcaldy, brought up in Melton Mowbray, came through the youths at Forest.

1 minute ago, scotsgary2 said:

Cheers.

Anygood in your opinion

No idea as I haven't seen enough of him but would like to see a bit more.

Looks promising but I've seen far too many young players being touted as the future of Scottish football that never amount to much to get overly excited about any promising young player.

Its interesting - and good - that him and Tierney seem to have skipped the U21s.  If he does have a future then that's certainly the right thing to do.

13 hours ago, norsefox said:

Anya and Burke would give us balanced pace, against a team that is likely to sit in.  We struggle to breakdown teams like Malta, pace changes that approach.

Anya struggles against teams that sit in - Georgia, even Gibraltar - his main strength is hitting teams on the break.

I wouldn't start Anya against Malta if we're expecting them to sit in. I'd start Burke though, he goes past people, draws fouls and had a great finish.

1 hour ago, todd said:

Strachan, at the very least, needs to get him on the pitch at some point just to tie him to Scotland.  He can still switch allegiance can he not? That said, I think he should start the game anyway.

I had been thinking this. I only heard he was born in Kirkcaldy and I assumed to English parents ? Imperative he gets on the pitch if that's the case as you can imagine folk getting in his ear. 

I am a Forest fan so seen a bit of Burke. He was very raw when I saw him last season, didn't seem to have much awareness of where and when to make runs on the pitch but appears to have improved this season and obviously added goals (Leeds goal was a cracker).

Hope he doesn't leave yet as I think a season playing every week at Forest will do him good rather than sitting in under 21s or on bench at a Premiership side.

10 minutes ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

I am a Forest fan so seen a bit of Burke. He was very raw when I saw him last season, didn't seem to have much awareness of where and when to make runs on the pitch but appears to have improved this season and obviously added goals (Leeds goal was a cracker).

Hope he doesn't leave yet as I think a season playing every week at Forest will do him good rather than sitting in under 21s or on bench at a Premiership side.

I really do hope you guys keep hold of him :ok:

As I've posted a few times, I think he's much better off staying at Forest for this season and perhaps also the next. Don't want him wasting away and stalling his development at Liverpool, Arsenal or Spurs Under 21s.