Oliver Burke - Page 13 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Oliver Burke

Stuart87

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

He was okay. Not great though. Was pretty diligent defensively, tracked back well. Wasn't involved too much in what Leipzig did going forward. Although it will take time to get used to his team mates and the way Leipzig play. 

I think it's important to remember that he is a 19 year old making his first start for a new team at a higher level than he's ever played at before. 

Totally agree. No mean feat, seeing a 19 year old Scot achieve this.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From an interview with Daily Mail -

- Born in Kirkcaldy due to his Scottish father, Burke grew up in Melton Mowbray when his parents split and before making his senior debut against Denmark in March, FA officials tried to suggest he avoid committing his international future there and then.

'They did try a little cheeky one but it was never going to happen,' Burke reveals. 'It was nothing direct but I did hear when I was away with the senior squad for the first time they didn't want me to play for Scotland.

'I was like, 'No way! I've played for Scotland at youth level, I can't change.' Who does that? I love playing for Scotland, it is my country. It is where I was born. Every time I wear the badge I get goosebumps.'

1 hour ago, binobear said:

- Born in Kirkcaldy due to his Scottish father, Burke grew up in Melton Mowbray when his parents split and before making his senior debut against Denmark in March, FA officials tried to suggest he avoid committing his international future there and then.

'They did try a little cheeky one but it was never going to happen,' Burke reveals. 'It was nothing direct but I did hear when I was away with the senior squad for the first time they didn't want me to play for Scotland.

'I was like, 'No way! I've played for Scotland at youth level, I can't change.' Who does that? I love playing for Scotland, it is my country. It is where I was born. Every time I wear the badge I get goosebumps.'

Superb

3 hours ago, binobear said:

Reminds me very much of Nigel Quashie & Phil Bardsley....:P

Hate RB Leipzig?  Fair enough they have gone against the German way of owning a club but suppose Bayern Munich are doing the Bundesliga a favour alwats dismantling their rivals to buy the best players to turn the league into them easily winning it every year.  To hate RB Leipzig in theory you'd have to hate the premiership as it's full of clubs who have got their success the same way. 

13 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I'm heading over to hopefully see him perform v Freiburg away. Tickets are for the Leipzig end at a measely €13. Hope he plays would be a nice addition to the trip. Cracking old school ground too.

Was at the Cologne v liepzig game and as well as a decent game it was a cracking atmosphere. Also I kept a keen eye on Burke and he had a really good game and off the ball his movement was great, which you don't always see watching on telly. Hope he continues to improve as he could be a great player for us for many years. 

1 hour ago, Radian said:

Hate RB Leipzig?  Fair enough they have gone against the German way of owning a club but suppose Bayern Munich are doing the Bundesliga a favour alwats dismantling their rivals to buy the best players to turn the league into them easily winning it every year.  To hate RB Leipzig in theory you'd have to hate the premiership as it's full of clubs who have got their success the same way. 

Yup. Hate both. 

Whenever a Scot moves abroad it makes you follow that teams results more closely.

If he's getting a game you want them to do well and in turn he will get better - It's a no brainer to support them for me.

If Gauld gets a game at Sporting Lisbon, the same then goes for them too.