Team for Malta - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for Malta

er yir macaroon

you can't please everyone.

i wanted the thickest daftest twiglet brained thumb to play but he's saving himself for the old firm game.   Naw danger is he risking injury from some Maltease washing machine repair man to boot his ankle.

he'll be ready for the England game though since that is a big game and still in the UK.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well with Griffiths McArthur and Tierney out, things change a bit.

Marshall

Paterson  - Martin - Hanley - Robertson

Morrison - Bannan

Burke - Snodgrass - Anya

Fletcher

I think we will be on the front foot here, Morrison and Bannan can both do the defensive work when needed, but are better at picking a pass than our other options. I'm actually kind of excited to see Paterson and Burke on one side with Robertson and Anya on the other. We have two flanks now that are really capable at going at and punishing teams.

3 minutes ago, andyD said:

Well with Griffiths McArthur and Tierney out, things change a bit.

Marshall

Paterson  - Martin - Hanley - Robertson

Morrison - Bannan

Burke - Snodgrass - Anya

Fletcher

I think we will be on the front foot here, Morrison and Bannan can both do the defensive work when needed, but are better at picking a pass than our other options. I'm actually kind of excited to see Paterson and Burke on one side with Robertson and Anya on the other. We have two flanks now that are really capable at going at and punishing teams.

Morrison and Anya haven't played pretty much all season.

On current form think Forrest is worth his place ahead of Anya.

Would go now with

--------------------------------Marshall

Paterson-----------Hanley-------------Martin---------------Robertson

Burke------------Morrison------------Bannan----------Anya

-----------------------------Snodgrass

----------------------------S.Fletcher

6 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Morrison and Anya haven't played pretty much all season.

On current form think Forrest is worth his place ahead of Anya.

West Brom have only played 4 games, Morrison was injured in pre-season, so they've been going a bit easy on him in the first two games. He was presumably only left out of their squad at the weekend because he played 120 minutes in the midweek cup match. If he can do 120 minutes then it seems he's fit. If he's fit he's got to be in for me. Darren Fletcher would just pass sideways all day, where as Morrison can pick a pass and will make those forward runs and has a shot on him. For this game he seems the obvious choice.

Fair shout with Forrest tho.. He seems to have his shooting boots on lately, so cutting in from the left might well suit him for having a shot on goal.

We ll beat this malta team guyz. We may even thrash them.    Sooner or later the malteasrs will make a mistake at the back and we ll capatalise.   Its the october games am more worried about.  We should watch englands game away to slovak very closely to see what we are in for - a defeat.   Engerland may find it tough tae.    

Also watch how slovak dismantle england so we can do the same.   Any know if strachen has a tv in his dressing room to watch their game before we take to the field??  Cud record it i suppose. 

9 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

Any know if strachen has a tv in his dressing room to watch their game before we take to the field??  Cud record it i suppose. 

Aye mate I heard he's got his jailbroken Amazon Fire TV stick with him and he's going to watch the game in the changing room. :ok:

16 minutes ago, McDange said:

I wouldn't get too concerned. Disappointing players pulling out but how much influence do clubs have here? And what goes on behind the scenes we don't know about on this kind of stuff? 

4-0 comfortable win. 

4-1 id say.  Lose one 1st to put shiters up ppl?

58 minutes ago, saintydave said:

Why are so many people so keen for snoddy to play in the middle behind the striker? The guy has played basically his whole career as a right winger, which is where he should be playing for us 

He played there in the Czech game in March and played very well, might be because of that maybe.

Exactly, he's played there well for us before and been a goal threat. We have good options out wide, but not many who can play a good number 10. I also think he and Fletcher are both smart footballers and we might see them link up really well if they play together in a central area.

On 8/31/2016 at 0:04 PM, ProudScot said:

GK Marshall
RB Paterson
CB Hanley
CB Martin
LB Robertson
RW Burke
CM Morrison
CM Bannan
LW Forrest
No 10 Snodgrass
FW Fletcher (Sigh)

I'd settle for that side and believe that will be pretty close to it. Pretty inexperienced side though:-

Marshall 24 Caps

Patterson 1 Cap

Hanley 23 Caps

Martin 25 Caps

Robertson 10 Caps

Burke 2 Caps

Morrison 41 Caps

Bannan 21 Caps

Forrest 13 Caps

Snodgrass 17 Caps

S. Fletcher 28 Caps

I'm not a Chris Martin fan but it wouldn't surprise me if he featured at some point.

The Maltese defence is of a similar standard (if not weaker) as the type he regularly scores against at club level. 

Speaking of weak defences, I get the feeling Malta will score against us. We'll just need to make sure we score at least one more than them!