Team for Malta - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for Malta

er yir macaroon

I dont think this is a game fo Anya, Burke might be different as he has the ability to take people on.

Really not sure how the team will line up, if all fit. Defence problems worry me with Hanley and Martin with next to no game time, Morrison and Anya similar. Is Morrison carrying an injury? Would find it strange given he signed a new deal over the summer

Would go with the below myself

Marshall

Patterson, Martin, Berra, Robbo

D Flecther Morrison

Ritchie  Snoddy   Burke

Griffiths

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't get my head round why anyone wants Forrest to start for us, he never produces his Celtic form for Scotland. I'd ake the above team but swap Forrest for Ritchie or Burke and Tierney for Robertson. 

Marshall

Paterson Martin Hanley Robertson 

bannan mcarthur 

burke       ritchie        snodgrass

griffiths 

would expect to see though

Marshall

hutton martin hanley robertson 

fletcher mcarthur 

forrest     snodgrass      ritchie

fletcher 

The 2 CBs are still difficult for us aren't they?

Most people are going for Hanley and Martin, they're probably our best 2 unfortunately. Russell Martin hasn't kicked a ball this season and Grant Hanley played 90 minutes on the 5th of August but nothing after that - worrying.

That paves the way for 35 year old Gordon Greer who has started every game for whipping boys Blackburn - a man who Strachan seems to favour at times. Berra is also playing regularly with Ipswich.

I predict Hanley will start with either Greer or Berra.

I'd go with... 

Marshall 

Paterson  Martin  Hanley  Robertson 

McArthur  Fletcher  

Snoddy                                     Burke

Griffiths  Fletcher

Edited by Parklife

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

I'd go with... 

Marshall 

Paterson  Martin  Hanley  Robertson 

McArthur  Fletcher  

Snoddy                                     Burke

Griffiths  Fletcher

I would like to see Tierney and Robertson start with one playing on their opposite natural side. would mean they would cut in when attacking but I think it is worth trying rather than two very good young full backs competing for the same slot. I would have Bannan or Morrison beside either Fletcher or McArthur as think the latter two are too similar. Possible that Snodgrass and Griffiths are out which is a real blow and likely that Naismith will come in - he has not had a good game for Scotland in quite some time.

4 hours ago, bonny78 said:

No hacking in this game.  No need for silly yellow cards

For a troll, you sir, are becoming really really tedious.

8 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

I would like to see Tierney and Robertson start with one playing on their opposite natural side. would mean they would cut in when attacking but I think it is worth trying rather than two very good young full backs competing for the same slot. I would have Bannan or Morrison beside either Fletcher or McArthur as think the latter two are too similar. Possible that Snodgrass and Griffiths are out which is a real blow and likely that Naismith will come in - he has not had a good game for Scotland in quite some time.

For a troll, you sir, are becoming really really tedious.

Not trolling. I think we need to think bout yellow cards