Remembrance Day Friday 11th November. - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Remembrance Day Friday 11th November.

Jim Hunter

Can I ask all the TA who are travelling to London for the game, to please remember and respect the date. As far as I am aware Trafalgar Square will be closed for most of the day, for the Remembrance day service. I know that it is almost the law  that we fill fountains with fairy liquid etc, where ever we go. So this time, if you go to Trafalgar Sq, do it for the right reasons. Show the world, why we are the best supporters, every where we go. We Will Remember Them. Thank you.

3 hours ago, Jim Hunter said:

Can I ask all the TA who are travelling to London for the game, to please remember and respect the date. As far as I am aware Trafalgar Square will be closed for most of the day, for the Remembrance day service. I know that it is almost the law  that we fill fountains with fairy liquid etc, where ever we go. So this time, if you go to Trafalgar Sq, do it for the right reasons. Show the world, why we are the best supporters, every where we go. We Will Remember Them. Thank you.

On the contrary. Heard that trafalgar square will be open. 

Rememberance sunday not Friday. 

I also understand that the cenotaph will be the focul point of Fridays events.

Ofcourse all rememberence events will be respected. Goes without saying.

9 hours ago, Robroysboy said:

On the contrary. Heard that trafalgar square will be open. 

Rememberance sunday not Friday. 

I also understand that the cenotaph will be the focul point of Fridays events.

Ofcourse all rememberence events will be respected. Goes without saying.

correct Trafalgar Square will not be closed repeat will not be closed you are right to say that the focal point on the 11th will the cenotaph 

Trafalgar Square will have a service of silence for armistice day Friday 11th Nov starting 10 am which will run untill aprox noon, the  Royal British Legion organises this anually. prayers and readings from members of the commonwealth will be said and read, the fountains are open to visitors where they place single poppies in them, the event is televised worldwide. The latest information i have  is that it will take a few hours to derig and parts sealed off into the late afternoon due to H&S ie cables and dismantling of staging and tv gantries. It will also be getting dark shortly after 3 pm. Looks like our mob gonny give it a swerve this time.

Edited by washboarder

12 hours ago, wheres the pies said:

correct Trafalgar Square will not be closed repeat will not be closed you are right to say that the focal point on the 11th will the cenotaph 

The Cenotaph is about 400 yards from Trafalger Square. The whole area will be subjected to high level security and TV cameras covering everything. The Old Bill will not be as jovial this time like they were 2 years ago. If I go to TS it will be to pay respects and then move on.