Sky Sports 'Deadline Day' can away and f*ck off - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sky Sports 'Deadline Day' can away and f*ck off

Over 1 billion pounds spent on transfers this summer in England. 

1 billion pounds.

And Sky Sports spend hours gleefully and breathlessly reporting this, as if it was a cure for cancer.

Disgusting. I can't wait for the day when this all comes crashing to earth.

2 minutes ago, Rossy said:

1 billion pounds.

And Sky Sports spend hours gleefully and breathlessly reporting this, as if it was a cure for cancer.

the only small thing to be said for a transfer window it is that its probably essential if you are going to have a closed period for buying/selling players during the season (which you could argue has a worse effect on competition). Still mental though.

9 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

the only small thing to be said for a transfer window it is that its probably essential if you are going to have a closed period for buying/selling players during the season (which you could argue has a worse effect on competition). Still mental though.

It's not so much the transfer window itself, it's the celebration of utter greed that Sky love indulging. 

I realise that they've got to do that to keep alive the 'English football is glorious' wave that they need to coast, but surely at some point enough is enough ?

17 minutes ago, Rossy said:

1 billion pounds.

Not that I disagree but do you have a sky (or dutch equivalent) TV subscription? 

3 minutes ago, Rossy said:

It's not so much the transfer window itself, it's the celebration of utter greed that Sky love indulging. 

I realise that they've got to do that to keep alive the 'English football is glorious' wave that they need to coast, but surely at some point enough is enough ?

Agreed 100%. Dont get Sky sports anymore ourselves. Games I want to watch I'll go to the pub or rarely watch on line

Edited by Stu101

6 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Not that I disagree but do you have a sky (or dutch equivalent) TV subscription? 

Sky sports is on the way out for me. 

I need a Sky subscription though for BBC Scotland and STV. No other way round it for me, it's a necessary evil. 

28 minutes ago, Rossy said:

1 billion pounds.

I refer you to my earlier post Rossy.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DQxpm-uOvCoc&ved=0ahUKEwiijaGPsevOAhVLvRoKHcUfC2MQwqsBCB0wAA&usg=AFQjCNGevh9JpWenwhPhIZ28MrrOcZe3Hw&sig2=K4I-XbbeSd5GAHQZ0o2Dmw

9 minutes ago, Rossy said:

I need a Sky subscription though for BBC Scotland and STV. No other way round it for me, it's a necessary evil. 

The whole thing is money driven. You are hand feeding the beast.

6 minutes ago, thplinth said:

The whole thing is money driven. You are hand feeding the beast.

To a certain extent, I agree. 

I'm in a rather unique situation though, where the platform Sky offers becomes a necessary evil .

My options will be different when I'm back living in the UK. 

No man, you should cancel.

I quit sky years ago when the Millie Dowler phone hacking shit emerged. I 'needed' them also for various reasons. Turns out you don't. In fact getting rid of the rancid kents is great. You cannot put money into that machine on that individual scale (50-100 per month per person) and then in any way complain about the way football in Scotland has gone. Total hypocrisy Rossy if you do. You are the power in their machine man. You and all the other Sky feckers...

3 minutes ago, thplinth said:

No man, you should cancel.

I quit sky years ago when the Millie Dowler phone hacking shit emerged. I 'needed' them also for various reasons. Turns out you don't. In fact getting rid of the rancid kents is great. You cannot put money into that machine on that individual scale (50-100 per month per person) and then in any way complain about the way football in Scotland has gone. Total hypocrisy Rossy if you do. You are the power in their machine man. You and all the other Sky feckers...

Thplinth, I've found one issue where we are in 100% agreement. :ok: 

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

To a certain extent, I agree. 

I'm in a rather unique situation though, where the platform Sky offers becomes a necessary evil .

My options will be different when I'm back living in the UK. 

Can you not just steal it like the rest of u.....I mean, loads of people I know :)

I've not seen one minute of it today, I've purposely avoided it all day. Blissfully unaware of any transfers except the Dons tonight. 

Sky sports, their EPL, their precious £1,000,000,000 can get te feck.

its like waking up yet again with the worst hangover and being debilitated for at least 2 days. You say that is it, things are going to change and the emotional hand-wringing and self assessment of what you are doing with your life begins. You say there are going to be real changes and make a commitment to those but by the weekend you are back to hammering down pints followed by shots thinking you are having a brilliant time.

the analogy is getting hammered = EPL; the debilitating hangover = English national team tournament exit. wanking over £1 billion spent on top talent from across the globe, greetin and perplexed by a last 16 exit at the Russian WC...........

10 hours ago, Rossy said:

Just use filmon.com and get sky punted. That's what I do.

The whole £1bn spend is a bit of a misnomer.  City gave Everton £50m for Stones.  Everton gave £30m of that to  Palace for Balassie.  Palace then gave that straight to Liverpool for Benteke.  Liverpool gave £30m + to Southampton for Mane.  So that's about 10% of the total spend accounted for just by City giving Everton money for Stones!  They are basically playing pass the parcel with exorbitant sums of money!

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

The whole £1bn spend is a bit of a misnomer.  City gave Everton £50m for Stones.  Everton gave £30m of that to  Palace for Balassie.  Palace then gave that straight to Liverpool for Benteke.  Liverpool gave £30m + to Southampton for Mane.  So that's about 10% of the total spend accounted for just by City giving Everton money for Stones!  They are basically playing pass the parcel with exorbitant sums of money!

Aye, saw this on Twitter yesterday.

An analogy about me giving you £10, you give it to someone else....

People I know who live out in Spain have recommended an MX Box for our place there. They happily watch Sky Sports (and pretty much everything else) using it. They cost about £30, or so I am led to believe, clearly I couldn't even consider it. For me the transfer deadline day, and Sky's coverage of it, sums up most of what is wrong with the game today.