Any light bulb experts on the TAMB? - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any light bulb experts on the TAMB?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Have you ruled out Early Onset Dementia?

It was under consideration until I found the base of the light bulb still inside the lamp.;)

1 hour ago, euan2020 said:

Interesting.

The guy who got the light bulb stuck up his bum so they affixed a light bulb socket to the end of stick (probably a surgical instrument not a stick) then stuck it up his bum and screwed it into the light bulb while it was up his arse and then managed to pull it out. Probably with a loud pop.

Then the guy who got a jar or something stuck up there and so they 'poured' plaster into the jar with a bit of string placed in it again while up his arse and when it hardened (how long did it take in that humid environment I wonder) ... and then yep they managed to pull the jar out.

Some job this must have been for the medical teams. 

The lesson here is whatever you decide to stick up your arse, tie a bit of string to it first just in case.

Edited by thplinth

OK - can now shed a bit more light (ahem) on the incident. Turns out the glass bit sheared off at the metal base and rolled along the cabinet where it got stuck behind a photo frame. It would appear a power surge is the most likely cause but all very freaky indeed.

18 hours ago, jenblueeyes said:

OK - can now shed a bit more light (ahem) on the incident. Turns out the glass bit sheared off at the metal base and rolled along the cabinet where it got stuck behind a photo frame. It would appear a power surge is the most likely cause but all very freaky indeed.

? , You couldnt have made that up . And much respect on the timely housekeeping that discovered the remnants of the bulb. It would still be sitting behind that photo frame next Easter in my house. 

30 minutes ago, mariokempes56 said:

Maybe thats where my sock is.

If your feet are anything like the size of that boot you have in your photo then i very much doubt it.

The sock may however be under my couch. Last week i found a wee plastic comb from last years xmas cracker under the couch. I only found it as my last malteser fell out the packet and i scrambled under the couch in search if it. 

I also have 17 odd socks in my laundry basket ( not mens may i add ! ). Feel free to browse through it at your leisure. 

27 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

If your feet are anything like the size of that boot you have in your photo then i very much doubt it.

The sock may however be under my couch. Last week i found a wee plastic comb from last years xmas cracker under the couch. I only found it as my last malteser fell out the packet and i scrambled under the couch in search if it. 

I also have 17 odd socks in my laundry basket ( not mens may i add ! ). Feel free to browse through it at your leisure. 

Think you have pulled Mario.

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

? , You couldnt have made that up . And much respect on the timely housekeeping that discovered the remnants of the bulb. It would still be sitting behind that photo frame next Easter in my house. 

TBH - I only found it because I watered a plant and spilled some water so had to move the photo frame to clean it up!  This is my house keeping ethos....

Dust If You Must

by Rose Milligan

Dust if you must, but wouldn't it be better
To paint a picture, or write a letter,
Bake a cake, or plant a seed;
Ponder the difference between want and need?

Dust if you must, but there's not much time,
With rivers to swim, and mountains to climb;
Music to hear, and books to read;
Friends to cherish, and life to lead.

Dust if you must, but the world's out there
With the sun in your eyes, and the wind in your hair;
A flutter of snow, a shower of rain,
This day will not come around again.

Dust if you must, but bear in mind,
Old age will come and it's not kind.
And when you go (and go you must)
You, yourself, will make more dust.

6 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Are you a wummin ?

2 hours ago, jenblueeyes said:

TBH - I only found it because I watered a plant and spilled some water so had to move the photo frame to clean it up!  This is my house keeping ethos....

Dust If You Must

by Rose Milligan

Dust if you must, but wouldn't it be better
To paint a picture, or write a letter,
Bake a cake, or plant a seed;
Ponder the difference between want and need?

Dust if you must, but there's not much time,
With rivers to swim, and mountains to climb;
Music to hear, and books to read;
Friends to cherish, and life to lead.

Dust if you must, but the world's out there
With the sun in your eyes, and the wind in your hair;
A flutter of snow, a shower of rain,
This day will not come around again.

Dust if you must, but bear in mind,
Old age will come and it's not kind.
And when you go (and go you must)
You, yourself, will make more dust.

Thats my kind of poem. Though i doubt Rose was living in Scotland when she wrote the words : a flutter of snow, a shower of rain , this day will not come round again.......