Nutmeg Magazine - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Nutmeg Magazine

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 09/09/2016 at 3:22 PM, wanderer said:

A Welsh friend was telling me that he is notorious for over exaggerating things on his after-dinner speakers act..... he apparently lives off the Galatasaray and drinking goats blood story, yet apparently the real story is not as "interesting", and he thinks the Clough story is the same.

If the content of this is true, Saunders is a total w@nker:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/07/brian-clough-dean-saunders-nottingham-forest

13 hours ago, wee-toon-red said:

If the content of this is true, Saunders is a total w@nker:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/07/brian-clough-dean-saunders-nottingham-forest

Agree, as I said earlier, I suspect he is being very poetic with what he is saying on the events of that meeting (reads more like he is trying to sell his after dinner speakers act than tell a story on their meeting).

With regards to Nutmeg, have to say, well impressed with what has been written (its very far from cover-to-cover Old Firm articles) with some good and interesting articles (Colin McPherson's photos are brilliant and some really good bits in it on growing up a Meadowbank Thistle fan who now supports Edinburgh City, Davie Cooper, Scots supporting Dortmund, Feruz etc....).

2 minutes ago, deecie said:

It's a bit long, I'm gonna have to wait until everybody has left the office to print this out.

Email it to me and I'll sort it at home.

Im on holiday this week and she's sorting the wedding reception,so I've loads of time. 

Cheers. 

6 hours ago, wanderer said:

With regards to Nutmeg, have to say, well impressed with what has been written (its very far from cover-to-cover Old Firm articles) with some good and interesting articles (Colin McPherson's photos are brilliant and some really good bits in it on growing up a Meadowbank Thistle fan who now supports Edinburgh City, Davie Cooper, Scots supporting Dortmund, Feruz etc....).

I've not read much of it yet but the Moyes article is horrific. It reads like it was written by someone who got a 4 at Standard Grade English. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/09/2016 at 5:23 PM, Parklife said:

I've not read much of it yet but the Moyes article is horrific. It reads like it was written by someone who got a 4 at Standard Grade English. 

don't know who wrote it and don't care but do you think you could do better?

Just now, morrie21 said:

don't know who wrote it and don't care but do you think you could do better?

Than that specific article? Yes, i think i could. 

If it's any consolation, the rest of the articles i have read in Nutmeg have been both interesting and well written. It was perhaps unfortunate that i picked the Moyes one to start on. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Than that specific article? Yes, i think i could. 

If it's any consolation, the rest of the articles i have read in Nutmeg have been both interesting and well written. It was perhaps unfortunate that i picked the Moyes one to start on. 

do they only take submissions from pro Journalists/reporters do you know?  If it was something you wanted to do you could contact the editor (assume the details can be found in the publication somewhere) and see if they'd consider an article.

4 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

do they only take submissions from pro Journalists/reporters do you know?  If it was something you wanted to do you could contact the editor (assume the details can be found in the publication somewhere) and see if they'd consider an article.

I've no idea.

I guess but i'd be too concerned that some arsehole on an internet messageboard might end up slagging me off :lol: 

18 hours ago, morrie21 said:

No, anyone can contribute..... they have a section on their website where you just email the editor with your proposal and if they like it then they ask you to submit something.

Given it was their first edition, almost all the contributions made are from people who are pretty well known on the independent football writing circuit (their names appear from time and time in things like Blizzard and WSC)

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

No, anyone can contribute..... they have a section on their website where you just email the editor with your proposal and if they like it then they ask you to submit something.

Given it was their first edition, almost all the contributions made are from people who are pretty well known on the independent football writing circuit (their names appear from time and time in things like Blizzard and WSC)

Interesting then for those on here who fancy it.  If I liked football enough to write about it I would but busy enough with what I've got on at the minute anyway.  

24 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Interesting then for those on here who fancy it.  If I liked football enough to write about it I would but busy enough with what I've got on at the minute anyway.  

It is very easy to get the bug once you get that first article published. 

Friend of mine said I should write something, but was always a case of "what?" and if it would be good/interesting enough.......

For the next edition of The Football Pink I have written a 1000 word article on the Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal (which I knocked off in about 45 minutes) and (though not many) has already opened a couple of other doors and some other things in the pipeline for further down the road.