Score prediction vs Malta! - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Score prediction vs Malta!

ScotlandUnited

2 minutes ago, norsefox said:

They're ranked 176th in the world and have scored 7 goals in 20 games ffs.

They ARE a diddy team.  Whether they're 'well disciplined' or passionate or any other shite.  If you fail to beat Malta then you don't deserve to achieve anything.

Just for a note, since 2008 - these are the ONLY teams to have failed to beat Malta in a competitive match:

Albania (draw)

Georgia (draw)

Armenia (won 1-0)

Bulgaria (draw)

Azerbaijan (draw)

It cannot be emphasised enough how terrible a result not winning would be.

Shall not be emphasised as we going to win simple nae worry 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, girvanTA said:

If we dont win tomorrow, we are not going to qualify. Its that simple

I think we will win but still will not be investing anything at bookies on us qualifying. Too much emotional investment already.................... 

Regardless we won't come anywhere close to qualifying.

The fact a huge percentage of us and the gaffer are clearly worried about getting a win v Malta is proof of this. 

This team have hardly won a qualifying match and when they have it's been against minnows and from memory Bulgaria. 

England won't be fretting like we are about overcoming such a weak side. 

The difference is however we are also a weak side hence the fretting. 

I hope Gordon and the team have done there research they aren't a team that loses many goals but also a team that doesnt score many either. We need to from the off make sure we take it to them and move the ball quickly getting the players running at them get width from the full backs up the park and looking for the through balls. If we do what we did against Georgia and play with no zest then its going to be harder than it needs to be.

Im confident we'll get a win (if we dont we may as well stop playing international football as lets face it these guys should be beaten)

3-0 to us 

14 hours ago, scotsgary2 said:

There always one

What, that can't count?  :lol:

There were 2 other similar forecasts on same page. 

Ill be backing Scotland vocally & financially - I'm just not that optimistic. 

At best we're average & on a bad day we can be awful.

Hope I'm wrong.

I'm looking for the team to show a bit of character today... If we are struggling to score or go behind I am looking for the players that will stand up and be counted, want the ball, gee up the others.  I think this is at least as if not more important than raw talent.   We need some characters in the team to take responsibility and not shrinking violets.