Score prediction vs Malta! - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Score prediction vs Malta!

ScotlandUnited

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent result even if the performance wasn't quite deserving of the scoreline. 

Penalty and red card sealed the deal but it was a terrible decision by the ref. Mind you we'll take one of them in every game please.

Thought we were a bit soft at the back other than Marshall and Martin up front was a waste of a jersey for most of the game, until he scored in fact.

Ritchies delivery was excellent and delighted for Snodgrass after a very tough time.

10 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Excellent result even if the performance wasn't quite deserving of the scoreline. 

Penalty and red card sealed the deal but it was a terrible decision by the ref. Mind you we'll take one of them in every game please.

Thought we were a bit soft at the back other than Marshall and Martin up front was a waste of a jersey for most of the game, until he scored in fact.

Ritchies delivery was excellent and delighted for Snodgrass after a very tough time.

Thought Ritchie was the best player besides Snodgrass. Hope Grittiths is back for the Lithuenia game. Didnt think D.Fletcher made any big impact. Defence was the usual scare thoughB)

8 hours ago, ScotlandUnited said:

Thought Ritchie was the best player besides Snodgrass. Hope Grittiths is back for the Lithuenia game. Didnt think D.Fletcher made any big impact. Defence was the usual scare thoughB)

Fletcher was pretty anonymous but possibly just because we dominated possession for so long. 

Not sure how this result will help as I'd suggest other teams in the group will stuff Malta in much the same way.

No idea how they got away with just 1-0 defeats to Croatia and Italy as on that showing they are much worse than folk have been saying. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Fletcher was pretty anonymous but possibly just because we dominated possession for so long. 

Not sure how this result will help as I'd suggest other teams in the group will stuff Malta in much the same way.

No idea how they got away with just 1-0 defeats to Croatia and Italy as on that showing they are much worse than folk have been saying. 

The key is scoring early (okay they equalized fast) but score, get ahead and kick on like we did in the second half. I have no idea but I'd guess that Italy and Croatia maybe took longer to score against then elevating stress levels then once they got ahead they decided to stick with what they had.

Research backs that up. Italy (at home) never broke Malta down until the 69th minute. Possession was about the same as we had last night and Italy perhaps had three or four more shots on goal than us.

Croatia's match in Malta had similar possession stats and shots on goal to us with Croatia scoring in the 25th minute.

10 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I thought Martin had a decent game, at times Burke seemed to get in his way a little in the first half but that got sorted out at half time.  He took his goal well, led the line and put in a good shift.  Did a lot of work off the ball that's needed for a lone striker but which often doesn't get picked up on TV.

2 hours ago, aaid said:

I thought Martin had a decent game, at times Burke seemed to get in his way a little in the first half but that got sorted out at half time.  He took his goal well, led the line and put in a good shift.  Did a lot of work off the ball that's needed for a lone striker but which often doesn't get picked up on TV.

I know it's a bit churlish to criticise as he scored and won (well the ref gave)  us the penalty.  I just think he did very little to effect the game. His game isn't about mobility (it appears)  so I just think he wasn't particularly effective. 

I'll admit I'm not sure, other than Griffiths,  who we've got that would have been better.