Maltese Football Shop - Malta v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Maltese Football Shop

DoonTheSlope

31 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Been wandering around Valletta today looking for a shop that sells the usual tat like pin badges and pennants and that sort of shite but the only shop I found is shut as  the boys away on holifay

Has anyone had any luck finding anywhere else?

Was that the one on a street corner? Has a panini sign on it?  That's the only one I know of.  I try each time I come to get a Hibernians top with no joy!

40 minutes ago, LouG said:

Was that the one on a street corner? Has a panini sign on it?  That's the only one I know of.  I try each time I come to get a Hibernians top with no joy!

It was in a wee shopping centre on Republic Street, the Main Street in Valletta. I saw Hibernians tops in Bugibba in May. I'm on the lookout for Hibernians and Birkirkara pin badges

1 minute ago, DoonTheSlope said:

It was in a wee shopping centre on Republic Street, the Main Street in Valletta. I saw Hibernians tops in Bugibba in May. I'm on the lookout for Hibernians and Birkirkara pin badges

The shop I know of is on one of the streets adjacent to republic street. 

Which shop in Bugibba? I'm staying in Qawra so will have a wander and see. 

Hibernians have a club in Paola - not sure if they sell souvenirs there though. 

2 hours ago, LouG said:

The shop I know of is on one of the streets adjacent to republic street. 

Which shop in Bugibba? I'm staying in Qawra so will have a wander and see. 

Hibernians have a club in Paola - not sure if they sell souvenirs there though. 

That ship has Malta Hibs tops. It's on your left if your at Bugibba square if your facing the sea. It's about a 3 or 4 minute walk along and it has Malta strips at the door

6 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Been wandering around Valletta today looking for a shop that sells the usual tat like pin badges and pennants and that sort of shite but the only shop I found is shut as  the boys away on holifay

Has anyone had any luck finding anywhere else?

There is a Hibernian FC club shop in Paola. Was open when I went past tonight.

42 minutes ago, mattf said:

At the fan zone at the ground on Sunday there is a merchandise stall, hopefully pick something up.

also hoping Malta produce a official programme!

They had a free programme at the U21 game tonight so would think there will be one at the game on Sunday.

4 hours ago, mattf said:

Where is this shop? Need to try and get in tomorrow morning, do they sell any other merchandise? 

The main street in Valletta is called Republica. If you head from the top of the hill down it's halfway down on your right. They sell various World Cup merchandise from previous tournaments ??

Edited by McTeeko

On 4 September 2016 at 11:57 AM, malky24 said:

In buggiba on the coast road, keep the square on you're left and go up the hill. About 100yards on the left hand side, there a wee shop selling lots of Maltese football tops. 

Did you notice if they sold badges or scarves?

9 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

The one in Valletta with the Panini sign looked as if it was getting cleared out earlier. Certainly didnt look open for business.

Aye I went back in today and they were getting a refit of the counter or something. I asked the guy if he was still open and he showed me in. No lights or anything were on but you'll still get to look though. Some great wee nostalgic bits and pieces from past World Cups in there! ??

Edited by McTeeko