Travel with Bundesliga Tickets - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Travel with Bundesliga Tickets

Parklife

I'm going on a stag doo to Berlin in February and we're looking to go to a game. Hertha are away the weekend we're in Berlin, so we're looking at going to either Wolfsburg or Leipzig (preference). 

It's often stated that tickets to football in Germany will include your travel. Can anyone shed any light on the truthfullness of this and also the limitations (both Wolfsburg and Leipzig appear to be about 1hr on the train from Berlin - is this too far?)? 

Thanks. 

The free travel which is included in most clubs tickets is only for local trains/trams/underground etc. within the local municipal area. 

In the case of Leipzig, this is the MDV, which starts slightly north of Halle & Leipzig. Numerous tramlines go from Leipzig main station out to the stadium  

As regards Wolfsburg, take an ICE to Wolfsburg main station. Volkswagen Arena is a 10-15 minute walk.

If you get on a train in Berlin and try and use your match ticket to get to either Leipzig or Wolfsburg, the ticket inspector will laugh at you and charge you the full walk-up fare. 

Edited by SteveMcD

• 2 weeks later...

Only local travel included in almost all cases as per above.  However if you are going to the game in a group there is huge discount available on group travel.  5 of you on the Regional trains could travel very cheaply once you go together.  

Are Union Berlin at home?  I want to go and see them play at home as I'm told their support is amazing.   

2 hours ago, gspain said:

Only local travel included in almost all cases as per above.  However if you are going to the game in a group there is huge discount available on group travel.  5 of you on the Regional trains could travel very cheaply once you go together.  

Are Union Berlin at home?  I want to go and see them play at home as I'm told their support is amazing.   

It's okay, but nothing special. 

On 9/13/2016 at 3:22 PM, gspain said:

Yeah, they are scheduled to be at home that weekend. We were hoping that was the Friday night and the Leipzig game the Saturday afternoon. 

On 9/5/2016 at 8:57 AM, VASCO said:

What weekend are you going?

Weekend 11th & 12th of February 

4 minutes ago, Exglasgowasc said:

Wrap up well Parklife. Berlin is absolutely baltic in February. 

Have been in November before and it was pretty chilly. Im expecting similar in February! We'll stay warm in the boozer. Been to Berlin a few times already, so happy to spend this particular weekend being less cultured! 

14th/15th Feb are CL days. So the whole BL Fri/Sat/Sun fixtures will be based around whatever CL night Bayern/Dortmund/Gladbach/Leverkusen are due to play on. 

Going on past experience, the dates for both the BL & BL2 fixtures wont be set until sometime between Christmas & New-Year.

14 hours ago, Parklife said:

Have been in November before and it was pretty chilly. Im expecting similar in February! We'll stay warm in the boozer. Been to Berlin a few times already, so happy to spend this particular weekend being less cultured! 

Was there this January and it was minus 10 at night and minus 4 during the day.   Snow on the ground and brilliantly sunny though.