Itunes - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

6 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

Have you followed all of these steps: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204095 ?

Yes.

As I said, I am able to connect two other devices no problem so it's not a fault on the PC (I don't think anyway!).

When I plug the phone it a pop up ask me if I want to allow the computer access...... But it's not the 'normal' do you trust...... That happens for the other devices.

Do you know if it's to do with the cable? I have some cables that only allow me to charge the phone, but won't connect my phone to iTunes. You could potentially try a different cable to see if this is the issue.

EDIT: Are you using the same type of iPhone as your wife (for example, are both iPhone 5S)?

Edited by Clyde1998

Has it worked with your device previously?

If not from what I remember with the problems I had I had to acknowledge a new device to my account. If it has worked previously you could back all your files onto a memory stick or something then just reset factory settings on it.

It sounds like a standard Apple problem, it could take seconds to figure out but like everything else with them they make it fiddley as fcuk

In my experience I-tunes is one of the worst mass used Apps I have come across. It constantly does stuff like the above and just isn't that user friendly. On top of that the support is sh*t.  Apple seem to care more about tieing people into apple products than the usability of some of what they produce.