Willie ormond - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Willie ormond

Malcolm

The great Scottish (Unionist) media took great delight in reporting every single episode of player indiscipline

Some at the SFA wanted someone who could nip this in the bud

The great SFA committee voted on whether he should stay on and i believe it was something like 4-3 in his favour

I believe Ormond seen this as a slap in the face that not all of the SFA were in his corner and resigned/came to a mutual decision to leave

Just another sorry tale of Scottish self implosion

Great clip.... Featuring now many of the dearly departed.  And whoever wrote to Ian archer on the toilet roll got their wish 20 odd years later.  I am just about old enough to remember Ormond as the manager and then hearing that he was no longer the manager in the school play ground.  I remember desperately wanting a Scotland top in 1977 and being given a top that was a bit like a Scotland top but I knew it wasn't as it didn't have the diamonds on the sleeve... Then finally getting a real umbro one with the big World Cup badge after the World Cup when they were sold off cheap lol.