Robert Snodgrass - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Robert Snodgrass

Toepoke

Im lucky enough to have lived through some of the legends that maybe were never the best players in the world but captured what we wanted as fans - pure desire to play for the jersey and give 110%. Snoddy has that. Were we not  above Germany in the euros before he got injured ? 

1 hour ago, WeeJohmny said:

Im lucky enough to have lived through some of the legends that maybe were never the best players in the world but captured what we wanted as fans - pure desire to play for the jersey and give 110%. Snoddy has that. Were we not  above Germany in the euros before he got injured ? 

I believe Snodgrass missed the entire campaign, and agree with earlier poster that with him we would have had enough to make a top 3 spot.

Such an important player for us. I'm looking through my fingers every time he goes down injured.

Snodgrass's club career is somewhat interesting. I find it a shame that he has taken so long to play top flight football in England (and that includes that season with Norwich)and he is now pushing 30. If any of you have seen his form, assists and goals from his time at Leeds which was quite frankly ridiculously good, breath taking at times - you might agree he was just too good for them at that time and the championship/league 1 in general.

It begs the question why was he not signed up at a young age for top flight team? I also fear that he was totally overlooked years ago by respective Scotland mangers and had he gotten in the set up earlier than he did he might have proved the difference in some games for us.Im thinking Czech Republic 2011, Lithuania 2010, Holland 2009 etc.

I remember mcleish describing faddy as gallus in the lead up to the France away game in 2007.....and snoddy brings a bit of that to the party. Something a wee bit different that can make all the difference. Let's hope he stays fit and bang in form.

Heard him on the radio there,  he wasn't happy about Allan Preston's comments below...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3775149/amp/Scotland-hero-Robert-Snodgrass-turned-training-intoxicated-wayward-days-turned-career-says-Allan-Preston.html

Said he's heard him come out with this story a few times before too.

On 05/09/2016 at 6:53 PM, COLT NY said:

I believe Snodgrass missed the entire campaign, and agree with earlier poster that with him we would have had enough to make a top 3 spot.

Such an important player for us. I'm looking through my fingers every time he goes down injured.

Aye, was very worried at the red card incident, but somehow glad on the replay to see that was for a kick-out, so Snoddy was unlikely to be damaged.

And then of course also glad to see his bravery in the tackle after recovery!