The ref was lovely - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The ref was lovely

bonny78

2 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

Thanks ref.  Blind as a bat but lovely

Incompetent more like. He did miss a few nasty challenges from their players, denied us penalty appeals and broke up a good chance for us in the first half by blowing late for a free-kick denying us a clear advantage. His incompetence worked both ways.

21 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Incompetent more like. He did miss a few nasty challenges from their players, denied us penalty appeals and broke up a good chance for us in the first half by blowing late for a free-kick denying us a clear advantage. His incompetence worked both ways.

He gave us a penalty and a man advantage for no reason. :lol: 

15 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Like I said last night....so? It makes a pleasant change to be on the other side of dodgy decisions for a change so I am not going to harp on about injustices. Sh!t happens.

Parkie is merely stating that your moaning about the ref cannot be justified. You say he was incompetent. That much is true due to how he helped Scotland!

Edited by Ormond

3 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Parkie is merely stating that your moaning about the ref cannot be justified. You say he was incompetent. That much is true due to how he helped Scotland!

Incompetent refs though should be struck off whether they benefit us are not. This time it benefitted us but if he remains then we run the risk of him taking charge of one of our games again and we end up with the rough end of the stick. I'd sooner have competent refs, besides I am pretty sure we would still have won last night - dodgy decisions aside. 

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Incompetent refs though should be struck off whether they benefit us are not. This time it benefitted us but if he remains then we run the risk of him taking charge of one of our games again and we end up with the rough end of the stick. I'd sooner have competent refs, besides I am pretty sure we would still have won last night - dodgy decisions aside. 

You implied the ref's decisions never benefitted Scotland. I'd say they did! :lol:

Was there definitely no contact for the penalty? The footage I saw it was very hard to see one way or the other. Anyone got a youtube link to it or something that shows it clearly. At first I though he was sitting there in disbelief at his howling miss but maybe he did feel he had been fouled given the reaction.

3 minutes ago, Ormond said:

You implied the ref's decisions never benefitted Scotland. I'd say they did! :lol:

No. I said he was incompetent as he made errors for both sides. I've seen penalties given for the challenge on Burke and we were clear away in the first half with Robertson behind their defence with support racing into box and the ref blew up for a free-kick to us further back instead of playing a clear advantage. He also let some nasty tackles of theirs go unpunished. Incompetent.

5 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Was there definitely no contact for the penalty? The footage I saw it was very hard to see one way or the other. Anyone got a youtube link to it or something that shows it clearly. At first I though he was sitting there in disbelief at his howling miss but maybe he did feel he had been fouled given the reaction.

Definitely no contact

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No. I said he was incompetent as he made errors for both sides. I've seen penalties given for the challenge on Burke and we were clear away in the first half with Robertson behind their defence with support racing into box and the ref blew up for a free-kick to us further back instead of playing a clear advantage. He also let some nasty tackles of theirs go unpunished. Incompetent.

The Burke one was never a penalty. :lol:

5 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Definitely, no contact. Martin looked to change his body angle after the defender to his right got slight contact on the ball deflecting it away from him so the way he fell looked like he had been caught.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Like I said last night....so? It makes a pleasant change to be on the other side of dodgy decisions for a change so I am not going to harp on about injustices. Sh!t happens.

I was just poking fun at your statement that "his incompetence worked both ways". We might have got a few things against us but there was definitely nothing major. However, we got a penalty and to play for 30 minutes vs 10 men for absolutely nothing! :lol: 

8 hours ago, Ormond said:

What is your point? Our Burke one was never a penalty in a million years! :lol:

Basic point is look around at reports. Too many trying to make out as if it was down to the referee and that alone that we won the match. BS - total BS. That is my point. Sure he made huge gaffs but at a time when we were ahead anyway and well on our way to the win and yes he made mistakes on BOTH sides. Facts that are being overlooked.

15 hours ago, Graham of Montrose said:

It was good to see us get a few decisions going our way for a change but I would have preferred them in one of the more testing games than this one.

Would give back a couple of goals from last night for a dodger against Slovakia or Slovenia.

Agree with that.

I'm sure fans of every team think the same, but we don't get game changing decisions in our favour very often, so hope that wasn't our quota used up!