Club colours on tour - Page 2 - Malta v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Club colours on tour

Harrywrag

The no club colours thing is pretty self explanatory really. It avoids any inter club 'banter'. I must admit though, I did wear a 'Stokes is on fire' t-shirt when out sightseeing one day with the wife but then I'm here for a week so don't have enough Scotland tops for every day and it's ctually pretty subtle. 

Always feel it sets us apart from our neighbours down the road who seem to have a club name or badge on every English flag at their games. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Boynze said:

is the odd ball who looks like droopy dog that wears the full tartan suit (from some hole in Ayrshire) still going? used to carry a toy dog around with him.

Jim Todd s his name .He can be contacted on facebook if you would like to know a bit more about him.

19 minutes ago, captain said:

Was a bit surprised to see a bloke behind the goals in a purple hibs away top then noticed he also had a half and half scarf so decided not to even start trying to work it out. 

Was that the guy who single handedly started the post-match riot?

24 minutes ago, scottcross said:

Jim Todd s his name .He can be contacted on facebook if you would like to know a bit more about him.

meet the guy a few times over the years no a bad guy been to more Scotland games than I've had pies guy a wee bit encentric but each to there own in that I think Hamish the bear is the name of his teddy bear now you know but iam sure you knew that ;)

1 hour ago, The Laud said:

they played one about sheep shaggers about 8 o,clock if that helps.Sunshine on leith was also on about 5 times but didnt mind as its a cracker of a song.

Which is a Rangers song apparently haha. At one point the phone put a Celtic song on too in Hugo's. 

At least sunshine on leith isn't specifically about hibs. 

5 hours ago, bonzo said:

Listen tae aw the fashion polis :lol: oh an auld guys got long grey hair and wears a tartan suit big effin wow. 

Jim Todd has been going regularly since the 1970s and was in Argentina. 

He's earned the right to wear and look like whatever the he wants to look like. 

18 minutes ago, aaid said:

Exactly whit I'm trying to say. 

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Well said aaid. I'd rather someone who has followed Scotland through thin and thin wears his suit and takes his bear, than somebody taking a club top that could cause a bloody rammy.

If folk are going to watch Scotland, if people are wanting to kind of show that they are there supporting Scotland then some some kind of Scotland related garment is surely common sense. To be honest, if you can afford to go to Malta then surely taking half a dozen shirts/t-shirts/tops that don't show your home club allegiances is something everyone can do. If you don't own 6 non-club tops, then you're a bit of a clatty . Even that abysmal new pink monstrosity is acceptable, anything - I'm not saying take just Scotland tops.

I think club tops are a bad idea, and brings a potential divide when we should all be behind the team. Banter is one thing, banter when half cut between people from rival clubs is another that can cause an issue.

The baggage of our domestic games is bad enough at times, and to be honest, Scotland games are a welcome break for many from someone slating their club. Whether it be Rangers, Celtic, Dukla Pumperston, Airdrie, even Maidenhead (sorry aaid) :-)

10 minutes ago, Notts Bankie said:

Well said aaid. I'd rather someone who has followed Scotland through thin and thin wears his suit and takes his bear, than somebody taking a club top that could cause a bloody rammy.

If folk are going to watch Scotland, if people are wanting to kind of show that they are there supporting Scotland then some some kind of Scotland related garment is surely common sense. To be honest, if you can afford to go to Malta then surely taking half a dozen shirts/t-shirts/tops that don't show your home club allegiances is something everyone can do. If you don't own 6 non-club tops, then you're a bit of a clatty . Even that abysmal new pink monstrosity is acceptable, anything - I'm not saying take just Scotland tops.

I think club tops are a bad idea, and brings a potential divide when we should all be behind the team. Banter is one thing, banter when half cut between people from rival clubs is another that can cause an issue.

The baggage of our domestic games is bad enough at times, and to be honest, Scotland games are a welcome break for many from someone slating their club. Whether it be Rangers, Celtic, Dukla Pumperston, Airdrie, even Maidenhead (sorry aaid) :-)

TBH I think this is a bit of a fallacy. There has always been the odd club tops at games since I started going. It was a guy in a bumble bee Celtic away too that seemed to start the Super Ally chant at Wembley in 96 for example.

Most people seem capable of chatting club football without any bother from my experience & anyone that kicks off over it would probably find another reason to kick off anyway ( I do think flags etc slagging currently eligible players is taking things a bit far though)

14 hours ago, Dunty said:

There's also a video doing the rounds on Twitter of a Scotland fan standing on someone's car to large cheers while s young couple are in it. (To be fair the majority of the crowd look embarrassed by his actions).

http://www.twitter.com/ColinPark72

That balloon deserved to be ran over,reversed back over and ran over again,just to make sure. Scumbag. 

12 hours ago, The Laud said:

they played one about sheep shaggers about 8 o,clock if that helps.Sunshine on leith was also on about 5 times but didnt mind as its a cracker of a song.

I was the one who changed it from that as could see some folk giving the guy at the laptop evils. 

If people want to wear tartan suits, trainers with kilts, troosers to the game or club colours them that is their affair. If that boy wearing the gold bikini was enjoying themselves then let them be. 

If anyone has a problem with folks clothes then it says more about the sad bastards complaining than anyone else.

There seems to be more and more arseholes looking to get on their high horse at games now