Club colours on tour - Page 3 - Malta v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Club colours on tour

Harrywrag

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

If people want to wear tartan suits, trainers with kilts, troosers to the game or club colours them that is their affair. If that boy wearing the gold bikini was enjoying themselves then let them be. 

If anyone has a problem with folks clothes then it says more about the sad bastards complaining than anyone else.

There seems to be more and more arseholes looking to get on their high horse at games now

I can't believe people think it would be acceptable if there were thousands of Celtic and Rangers strips. It would be pure poison.

15 hours ago, aaid said:

Jim Todd has been going regularly since the 1970s and was in Argentina. 

He's earned the right to wear and look like whatever the he wants to look like. 

earned?

but of course you're right he a can wear what he likes. he also can be mocked.

14 hours ago, Notts Bankie said:

Well said aaid. I'd rather someone who has followed Scotland through thin and thin wears his suit and takes his bear, than somebody taking a club top that could cause a bloody rammy.

If folk are going to watch Scotland, if people are wanting to kind of show that they are there supporting Scotland then some some kind of Scotland related garment is surely common sense. To be honest, if you can afford to go to Malta then surely taking half a dozen shirts/t-shirts/tops that don't show your home club allegiances is something everyone can do. If you don't own 6 non-club tops, then you're a bit of a clatty . Even that abysmal new pink monstrosity is acceptable, anything - I'm not saying take just Scotland tops.

I think club tops are a bad idea, and brings a potential divide when we should all be behind the team. Banter is one thing, banter when half cut between people from rival clubs is another that can cause an issue.

The baggage of our domestic games is bad enough at times, and to be honest, Scotland games are a welcome break for many from someone slating their club. Whether it be Rangers, Celtic, Dukla Pumperston, Airdrie, even Maidenhead (sorry aaid) :-)

so you agree with fashion rules and regulations and don't agree that everyone is free to dress as they choose?

3 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

If people want to wear tartan suits, trainers with kilts, troosers to the game or club colours them that is their affair. If that boy wearing the gold bikini was enjoying themselves then let them be. 

If anyone has a problem with folks clothes then it says more about the sad bastards complaining than anyone else.

There seems to be more and more arseholes looking to get on their high horse at games now

I agree to a certain extent,but I can almost guarantee the guy in the bikini wouldnt be dressed like that,waving his arse about in front of children if he was going to an away game at Palmerston. 

15 hours ago, Glasgowmancity said:

TBH I think this is a bit of a fallacy. There has always been the odd club tops at games since I started going. It was a guy in a bumble bee Celtic away too that seemed to start the Super Ally chant at Wembley in 96 for example.

Most people seem capable of chatting club football without any bother from my experience & anyone that kicks off over it would probably find another reason to kick off anyway ( I do think flags etc slagging currently eligible players is taking things a bit far though)

Talking about club football is what grown up mature people do - and something we should do. Hell, I was even talking to an Airdrie fan at the airport - and as my name suggests I and others like me aren't exactly fond of them, but what he was wearing was a Scotland top. We're Scotland fans who also support clubs at these games, but we're not there supporting our clubs.

We aren't there to support our clubs, we're there to support Scotland. And if someone can't live for a day or two without wearing their club shirt, then that's weird in my book. 

The Wallace flag thing by the way - if that did happen - is an unmitigated disgrace.

1 hour ago, Boynze said:

so you agree with fashion rules and regulations and don't agree that everyone is free to dress as they choose?

One simple rule for me; in my book, folk can wear anything they like, as long as it isn't anything to do with club football. If someone wants to wear a Band Aid t-shirt from 1985, or a "I love NY" or a t-shirt with a Highland cow on it, or a maxi dress; cool. 

At the end of the day, we do live in a democracy, and people can do what they wish - I just think it's a particularly unnecessarily and parochial act for someone to potentially alienate anyone at a Scotland game to bring the tribal elements of club football along. 

When we're trying to unite behind a greater community of Scotland at these games - not Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, Rangers, Celtic etc. It's rather straight-forward to me. 

1 minute ago, Bristolhibby said:

Don't agree with club tops at Scotland games, but I'll throw in this curve ball.

Visable club tattoos.

TBH saw many more of these compared to club shirts.

Off the top of my head I saw Rangers, Aberdeen, Ayr, Dundee Utd, Hibs, Hearts. 

J

Don't have a tattoo myself, but it couldn't ever be an issue for me - somebody isn't wearing a tattoo for the sole purpose of it maybe being visible 6 days a year at a Scotland game!

Unless the tattoo is on someone's arm and says "Burn all Catholics/Protestants" or similar.....! 

Clothing is totally different. It's a conscious choice to wear a top that someone takes when they get out of bed that morning.

5 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I'm sorry but getting a pair of baws flashed at you before kick off in a football ground is not acceptable. 'Banter' or even if he was just 'enjoying himself' ! 

Do that in Scotland & you can get lifted, simple as that! 

2 hours ago, Rory said:

I'm sorry but getting a pair of baws flashed at you before kick off in a football ground is not acceptable. 'Banter' or even if he was just 'enjoying himself' ! 

Do that in Scotland & you can get lifted, simple as that! 

Exactly,I would have been cheering if the local police had lifted him.

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Did anyone report him to the police?

Did anyone report him to the SSC?

Before the game the fat police controller was forcing boys to put tops on. Apparently illegal if not on beach, ... after 5 minutes he pissed off for a smoke and was never seen again.

On 9/6/2016 at 0:37 PM, Boynze said:

is the odd ball who looks like droopy dog that wears the full tartan suit (from some hole in Ayrshire) still going? used to carry a toy dog around with him.

He was staying in our hotel, nice old guy