Vandalism or Harmless Fun ? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Vandalism or Harmless Fun ?

Trivial debate of the day.

Anyone else seen a lovely spot marred by these stupid wee things called "love locks" ? 

Over the course of this summer the bridge by the waterfall at Rouken Glen has been plastered with them. 

Is it vandalism or harmless fun ?

I freely admit to being a really sad, miserable fücker and have just e-mailed East Ren Council demanding this trash is removed. :wave:

I'm a grumbling mumbling grump about that bridge. Saw a couple put one up, guy was skinny and I really thought I could have thrown him over but the girl was more wiry and wasn't sure I could take her so left them. I like spontaneity and romance but this is just romances version of flowers left at a death scene.

If I was much younger and in young love I'd probably think it was the most beautiful thing ever. 

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Trivial debate of the day.

Anyone else seen a lovely spot marred by these stupid wee things called "love locks" ? 

Over the course of this summer the bridge by the waterfall at Rouken Glen has been plastered with them. 

Is it vandalism or harmless fun ?

I freely admit to being a really sad, miserable fücker and have just e-mailed East Ren Council demanding this trash is removed. :wave:

Many a happy childhood day spent at " Nookie Glen " park. With you on this return it to the way it was.

Already lost the golf course to David Lloyd Leisure [ no jeans, fitba tops and t- shirts ].

4 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

Walked over a bridge in Inverness the other week and it was full of them. There wasn't any on it at all until this year. Never seen them there before. 

Would it not be easier for Invernesian Dads and Daughters to just strap one to their front garden gate together?

Council got back to me saying they'd passed on my message to the parks department. So we'll wait and see. 

For those wondering just why the hell I'm getting worked up about this, I admit to being a very sad miserable cünt and I don't like seeing a beautiful, peaceful spot that I love - and that's hardly changed at all since it was created in the Edwardian era - vandalised like this by some stupid fad.

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Council got back to me saying they'd passed on my message to the parks department. So we'll wait and see. 

For those wondering just why the hell I'm getting worked up about this, I admit to being a very sad miserable cünt and I don't like seeing a beautiful, peaceful spot that I love - and that's hardly changed at all since it was created in the Edwardian era - vandalised like this by some stupid fad.

I saw this the other day at the waterfall whilst walking the dug - i'm sure there was an issue with these bits of sh*t on a bridge in paris years ago which were all cut off as it was damaging the bridge. 

Given that it's a two-bob structure at the waterfall the easy solution is to take off the chicken wire in a one-er, skip the lot then electrify the fecker to prevent further damage. Local shop owners should also get the jail for selling locks irresponsibly to the check me out narcissistic non-entities in the age range 14 to 35 who buy them.

On 7 September 2016 at 9:48 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

Totally agree ET council should get rid of them and post a warning that anybody caught will be prosecuted