Lithuania game - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lithuania game

Bino's

With a Saturday game and 7.45 kick off, there's a good chance a few folk might struggle to get into the game, as expect most will start drinking at midday anyway!

However, should be the best atmosphere seen at Hampden in a few years!!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt it will be a sell out. The Malta game wasn't really very inspiring and it's Lithuania. 

Not sure if I'll go as I can't seem to shift the Euro hangover. 

Never felt as disinterested in Scotland as this, even during Vogts reign. 

Not even that interested in the England games.

18 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Doubt it will be a sell out. The Malta game wasn't really very inspiring and it's Lithuania. 

you'll need to change your signature

55 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Not sure why. We've got a top player in Snodgrass and other good attacking players, plus a new great hope. Surely a time for optimism?

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Know exactly what you mean. I wasn't exactly shouting from the roof tops as the goals were going in, this was a game should be winning. Get decent results against England and Slovakia and I might start getting excited again

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

All of this

Although it was not a sea change in form, the sense of our luck turning is hard to resist.

Footballers seem to thrive on confidence; we had 3 scorers, are now top of the group, a good chance for the crowd to play its part and get behind a winning team.

Granted, if it had been a nervy jittery 1-2, grimly holding on for the points through the second half, then the prospect of a nervy jittery game against Lithuania would not be so appealing.

We then have 2 games we are not expected to win, but could nick some points. What's not to like?

Edited by exile

6 minutes ago, exile said:

Although it was not a sea change in form, the sense of our luck turning is hard to resist.

Footballers seem to thrive on confidence; we had 3 scorers, are now top of the group, a good chance for the crowd to play its part and get behind a winning team.

Granted, if it had been a nervy jittery 1-2, grimly holding on for the points through the second half, then the prospect of a nervy jittery game against Lithuania would not be so appealing.

We then have 2 games we are not expected to win, but could nick some points. What's not to like?

Aye I'm reminded of the feeling after we gubbed the Faroes in the first game and went on to have our best campaign of the century.

Here's hoping anyway :ph34r:

2 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Not sure why. We've got a top player in Snodgrass and other good attacking players, plus a new great hope. Surely a time for optimism?

I don't know why either. That's the most puzzling thing. I should be getting excited but I'm not. 

Maybe it's because we had 12 against their 11 from the start with the ref basically handing us the win. 

I just don't know.

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Aye I'm reminded of the feeling after we gubbed the Faroes in the first game and went on to have our best campaign of the century.

Here's hoping anyway :ph34r:

Yes Faroes followed up by a victory against Lithuania...

Doubt it will sell out, not always a bad thing, 45k would be fine if everyone is singing. 52k when lots are just the ones that turns out for big games and doesn’t seem to sing and get behind the team in the same way.

I feel bit sad as this will be the first competitive home game I have missed since we beat Georgia 2-1 on 24 March 2007. Sadly performances, money, constant disappointment, kids and having to travel from the South of England have resulted in me jacking it in. I will still cheer on from my Sofa.

Edited by kmcca5

13 hours ago, exile said:

Yes Faroes followed up by a victory against Lithuania...

its all about momentum with us

we should always try to line up the first couple of games against the lowest ranked teams

take six points and we're away

with the above we then of course backed it up with a win against France at home

it was like the Alamo but it didn't matter, we had nine points and the interest went through the roof

if we can take Lithuania at home and gain more confidence then dig in for a draw in Slovakia, we are well and truly away!

We are only one game away from a disaster as we all know, but given the win, and it's Lithuania - who really are shite - I'd love to see us putting in a great, attacking performance and coming away with a comfortable 3-0 win. I'd take 1-0 right now, but if we can beat Lithuania and for example Slovakia lose in Slovenia or preferably a 0-0 ; we will then go to Slovakia with 6pts and them with 0/1 and huge pressure on them - a draw would be a good result for us and would leave them toiling a little, whilst they'll have easier games to come, the table would still show 7pts to 2, etc.

Maybe should just take one game at time, but Lithuania is a huge game which could set up early indentation of how the group will go. Certainly will keep the heid, and we all mind how awful we were against Italy/France in the summer, and whilst we got some lucky breaks against Malta - they don't lose heavily, and I believe they'll take pts off of the other middle four teams in the group at home - we should be optimistic about a good win.

KO is excellent too. Just mind and pace your drinking, and we'll get the place absolutely buzzing. So if you cannae handle it, nae drinking until 3pm. ;)

Edited by weekevie04