Lithuania game - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lithuania game

Bino's

8 hours ago, Bino's said:

its all about momentum with us

we should always try to line up the first couple of games against the lowest ranked teams

take six points and we're away

We had a reasonable start under Levein with Serbia and Macedonia at home and he played not to get beat in both. Strachan will at least go out to win and we have shown that we can score goals. Unfortunately we concede too many through individual errors. I have a feeling that this group will be another exciting ride. Let's hope we can take that extra step.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Jagtag said:

We had a reasonable start under Levein with Serbia and Macedonia at home and he played not to get beat in both. Strachan will at least go out to win and we have shown that we can score goals. Unfortunately we concede too many through individual errors. I have a feeling that this group will be another exciting ride. Let's hope we can take that extra step.

I thought the whole campaign was fked after serbia game.  I was correct

22 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

I thought the whole campaign was fked after serbia game.  I was correct

Aye, went into that game absolutely buzzing about the upcoming campaign. The atmosphere before the game in and around Hampden was superb.....2 hrs later......total deflation, little did we know there was worse to come against Macedonia.<_<

This time round though, a good solid performance against Lithuania will give us the chance to deal Slovakia's chances a really serious blow on the Tuesday.

1 hour ago, Jagtag said:

After those two results qualification was out of our hands. Disgraceful tactics.

On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 4:21 PM, RenfrewBlue said:

Doubt it will be a sell out. The Malta game wasn't really very inspiring and it's Lithuania. 

Not sure if I'll go as I can't seem to shift the Euro hangover. 

Never felt as disinterested in Scotland as this, even during Vogts reign. 

Not even that interested in the England games.

RB - shared sentiments in a way, been disinterested for a while - but a few of the lads wanted to get the trip through resurrected so I am going. Now that I am I am remarkably up for it. not been through for a game for a while so I think that stokes the appetite a wee bit. Sat night, 7.45, as well.

go on - you know you want to!

3 hours ago, Bino's said:

why shouldn't it be a sell out!

this will be the best atmosphere seen since France game Oct 2006

wee early goal would help too!

Why will the atmosphere be that good?  Because we beat Malta?  Seriously? 

I can't see any justification for any confidence going into this game. 

5 hours ago, ShedTA said:

RB - shared sentiments in a way, been disinterested for a while - but a few of the lads wanted to get the trip through resurrected so I am going. Now that I am I am remarkably up for it. not been through for a game for a while so I think that stokes the appetite a wee bit. Sat night, 7.45, as well.

go on - you know you want to!

I'd never get a ticket now, as it's going to be a sell out. Haven't you heard? ?

Can see this game being carnage, and not in a good way.

745 on a Saturday night!

:shocked:

Remember the 515 ko's and they were bad, but not too bad at the games themselves, in fact the atmosphere was pretty good (most of the trouble was after the Italy game, and not necessarily those that had attended, with much more interest across the country).

Still think best case we'll have a lot of "roaster in b6" threads, worst case, drunks fighting amongst themselves, folk sleeping in their seats or falling about all over the place etc.

12 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Still think best case we'll have a lot of "roaster in b6" threads, worst case, drunks fighting amongst themselves, folk sleeping in their seats or falling about all over the place etc.

Can I just apologise for all of this now, it'll save any hassle further down the line.;)

28 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

worst case, drunks fighting amongst themselves

Never seen the Scotland support split in this way. Used to be a chance for everyone to set aside club rivalries, now it just seems to magnifies them. Can't think of any other country as divided as we are.

Edited by ceudmilefailte
can't spell

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Why will the atmosphere be that good?  Because we beat Malta?  Seriously? 

I can't see any justification for any confidence going into this game. 

If we play ok it will be good. 45+ thousand, 7.45 kick off - if we get off to a good start it will be good. 

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Can see this game being carnage, and not in a good way.

745 on a Saturday night!

:shocked:

Remember the 515 ko's and they were bad, but not too bad at the games themselves, in fact the atmosphere was pretty good (most of the trouble was after the Italy game, and not necessarily those that had attended, with much more interest across the country).

The problem with the Italy game was more to do with people who didn't go to the game but who'd been in the pub from lunchtime without a break.  I remember there were pubs in Glasgow city centre that had shut their doors by 1pm as they were already full.

i doubt we'll see a repeat for the Lithuania game but I strongly suspect that the England game next June may be different.