Lithuania game - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lithuania game

Bino's

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Bino's said:

why shouldn't it be a sell out!

this will be the best atmosphere seen since France game Oct 2006

wee early goal would help too!

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Why will the atmosphere be that good?  Because we beat Malta?  Seriously? 

I can't see any justification for any confidence going into this game. 

aye. games of a much larger magnitude like poland and ireland should have had a good atmosphere but were pretty lame in regards to the scotland fans, only thing that might increase it for this game is because the majority are going to be almost blind drunk. this isnt a "big game" its lithuania who we should be beaing easily and and they will have barely any fans to add to the atmosphere.

Edited by LewisEDI

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Never seen the Scotland support split in this way. Used to be a chance for everyone to set aside club rivalries, now it just seems to magnifies them. Can't think of any other country as divided as we are.

In terms of supporting the national side there are FAR more countries more divided than us due to club rivalries. Bulgaria and Serbia the 2 obvious ones as certain fan groups refuse to go to games or stand near each other on the rare occation they attend games of the national team

2 minutes ago, Slide Tackle said:

In terms of supporting the national side there are FAR more countries more divided than us due to club rivalries. Bulgaria and Serbia the 2 obvious ones as certain fan groups refuse to go to games or stand near each other on the rare occation they attend games of the national team

add croatia to that list and you would expect turkey too (politically)

Edited by LewisEDI

9 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Never seen the Scotland support split in this way. Used to be a chance for everyone to set aside club rivalries, now it just seems to magnifies them. Can't think of any other country as divided as we are.

I wasn't meaning for those reasons, it'll be petty squabbles over standing up, language, who's throw-in it is, or whatever all amplified by drink.

8 hours ago, aaid said:

The problem with the Italy game was more to do with people who didn't go to the game but who'd been in the pub from lunchtime without a break.  I remember there were pubs in Glasgow city centre that had shut their doors by 1pm as they were already full.

i doubt we'll see a repeat for the Lithuania game but I strongly suspect that the England game next June may be different.

Yes, won't be anything like that, was a fairly unique event, it was basically what happens on old firm day.

Having seen the amount of only there for the party drunks at some of our recent home games, can only see it being worse on a Saturday.

the Italy game was 10 years of pain coming out in one night, not in the ground but away from it by numpties

it was the last game of a campaign that looked after Paris to be only going our way

this Lithuania game is totally different, yes it is against Lithuania but it is a massive game as we must take 3 points and the atmosphere will be created by a Saturday game and a very late kick off too, booze fuelled

I have seen us take many a result on a Saturday better than on other nights as the rocking crowd pushes the team on, without doubt, France, Holland, Germany 1-1 back in 03 or whatever

we are better with a Saturday home crowd behind us, it lifts average players and lifts average defenders to dig in

this Lithuania game in terms of the group is way bigger than the game at Wembley, which we can lose and it wont really effect the group for us

Edited by Bino's

15 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

England.

There will be more chance of boxing amongst mobs of English fans in November than there will be between England-Scotland.

Don't be such a dram queen.

1 hour ago, girvanTA said:

Need to win our home games and take at least 7 points away if we are serious about qualifying 

Used my head not my heart filling this in. http://ultra.zone/2018-FIFA-World-Cup-qualification-UEFA#group=i

Had Scotland (20 points to Slovakia's 17) in a play off but only just with NI having lowest points out of the teams coming second.

Had us V Italy, "Holland" Bosnia or Switzerland based on current rankings.

Edited by Mazziessc

1 hour ago, Mazziessc said:

Used my head not my heart filling this in. http://ultra.zone/2018-FIFA-World-Cup-qualification-UEFA#group=i

Had Scotland (20 points to Slovakia's 17) in a play off but only just with NI having lowest points out of the teams coming second.

That Slovakia game 2nd from last has the potential to be huge. (Although we'd likely still have to win in Slovenia after that...) 

7 hours ago, Mazziessc said:

you're mad giving us that many points mate.   are you doing a best likely case senario?

Edited by bonny78

8 hours ago, bonny78 said:

you're mad giving us that many points mate.   are you doing a best likely case senario?

Not quite, I was doing a making the play off scenario. I only have us winning 6 games from 10, hardly ripping the group up :lol:

Anything less and its 3rd or lower imo. Plus, out of the 8 teams making the playoffs I had us bottom in terms of points. 

14 hours ago, Parklife said:

That Slovakia game 2nd from last has the potential to be huge. (Although we'd likely still have to win in Slovenia after that...) 

Most likely but I'd much rather have us play Slovakia at home knowing a win is enough.

Atmosphere during the day and before kick off will be good because of the day and time.  But during the game I can't see it being as good as others have suggested as the game is against a team we should be beating, if we are drawing or god help us losing by 40mins / halftime the moaning will surely start.

Compare that to a game where Scotland are the underdogs and battling against an England, Holland, France etc then going into halftime drawing would have the place buzzing for the second half to try and grab a goal or even a half-chance at something.

But an early goal (for us) and a Ukraine style goal fest in the first half and we should be fine :spin:

Edited by Shed_Tartan_Army_Yeah

On 9/6/2016 at 4:21 PM, RenfrewBlue said:

Doubt it will be a sell out. The Malta game wasn't really very inspiring and it's Lithuania. 

Not sure if I'll go as I can't seem to shift the Euro hangover. 

Never felt as disinterested in Scotland as this, even during Vogts reign. 

Not even that interested in the England games.

I'm with you mate.  Been logged in 3 or 4 times and havent bought my tickets yet.  Cant get up for this.  £37 to watch us v Lithuania is ridiculous. Closest I've been to deciding to miss a competitive home international in 20 years.

1 hour ago, giblet said:

I'm with you mate.  Been logged in 3 or 4 times and havent bought my tickets yet.  Cant get up for this.  £37 to watch us v Lithuania is ridiculous. Closest I've been to deciding to miss a competitive home international in 20 years.

I hadn't even checked the price but there's feck all chance of me paying £37 for a game against an ex-Hearts select.