Lithuania game - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lithuania game

Bino's

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I hadn't even checked the price but there's feck all chance of me paying £37 for a game against an ex-Hearts select.

North and south stands are £40 for non members. Fecking disgraceful. 

12 hours ago, Parklife said:

North and south stands are £40 for non members. Fecking disgraceful. 

Totally agree. Only one way to stop getting robbed and that's to not go.

I'm not willing to pay that for what will most likely be a turgid, boring draw. Our tactics mean there'll be no excitement in the game.

Strachan has been a major letdown, recently, in that regard.

1 hour ago, bonny78 said:

We are sweeping them aside 

We are sweeping them aside 

I've been to too many games where we should be doing that but yet to see it happen.

When did we last sweep aside Lithuania,  Estonia,  Latvia, Georgia or any other East European nation?

We needed the refs help to beat Malta FFS!

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I've been to too many games where we should be doing that but yet to see it happen.

When did we last sweep aside Lithuania,  Estonia,  Latvia, Georgia or any other East European nation?

We needed the refs help to beat Malta FFS!

3-0 win in 2007 i think. 

3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

That would be the game v Ukraine then? Didn't realise that was 10 years ago nearly.

That would be the game v Ukraine then? Didn't realise that was 10 years ago nearly.

Was that not 3-1

yeah but Ukraine are a good team.    Lith should be swept aside always

Why? we aren't good enough, in my opinion and I reckon we'll struggle. I hope I'm wrong but I can't see us beating them easily.

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Why? we aren't good enough, in my opinion and I reckon we'll struggle. I hope I'm wrong but I can't see us beating them easily.

Ukraine are a lot better than lith mate.  Also my point is at home we should be beating Lithuanian either comfortably or narrowly with being in much danger of losing a goal.

im not claiming to be an expert on Lithunania football just a quick wiki look on them but IMHO theres nothing there to trouble us, i dont think we'll walk the game i think it will be nervy but if we choose the right players, formation and tactics and our players have a good game should be three points and in reality thats what we need and should expect

Bit on Lithuania:

Manager - 2 one year assistant roles at Hearts and L. Moscow & 1 year as a manager in Lithuania where they didnt win anything. Had 6 games as national manager so not experienced or successful

Star Players - One player at a big club a young striker at Sporting in POR appears to be injured and only joined them in the summer and hasn't played for them yet so nothing substanial there. The rest of the players none at big European teams. Goals wise has two strikers one scored 6 goals and one 5 not at big teams and also scored against weak international opposition

Recent Form - Last 6 games W 1, D 2, L3. Beat Estonia not a great team. Last qualifying campaign only won 3 games San Marino twice and Estonia. Only scored 7 goals from 10 games. 

Not much above to be too concerned about 

15 minutes ago, borojock said:

im not claiming to be an expert on Lithunania football just a quick wiki look on them but IMHO theres nothing there to trouble us, i dont think we'll walk the game i think it will be nervy but if we choose the right players, formation and tactics and our players have a good game should be three points and in reality thats what we need and should expect

Bit on Lithuania:

Manager - 2 one year assistant roles at Hearts and L. Moscow & 1 year as a manager in Lithuania where they didnt win anything. Had 6 games as national manager so not experienced or successful

Star Players - One player at a big club a young striker at Sporting in POR appears to be injured and only joined them in the summer and hasn't played for them yet so nothing substanial there. The rest of the players none at big European teams. Goals wise has two strikers one scored 6 goals and one 5 not at big teams and also scored against weak international opposition

Recent Form - Last 6 games W 1, D 2, L3. Beat Estonia not a great team. Last qualifying campaign only won 3 games San Marino twice and Estonia. Only scored 7 goals from 10 games. 

Not much above to be too concerned about 

Pretty sure Lithuania could compile something like the above on us also