Celtic V Rangers - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic V Rangers

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Quite glad I'm out the country for this one.

Most of us wish we were too. It will be described by the media as 'the game the whole of Scotland has been waiting for'. In reality it is the game most wish never happened again.

Guest BlueGaz
10 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

To be fair, they've sold that many season tickets, off the back of rangers return "the Brendan rodgers effect" there won't be many actually paying that price.

I think both sets of fans are annoyed though mate, obviously mostly rangers fans buying this game at this price, but i would bet rangers will charge the celtic fans in december the same or similar so it effects those season ticket holders too.

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, macy37 said:

8 pages minimum.

Filled with people who claim they aren't bothered.

Saturday's game is the only show in the country.

That is what hurts.  Gone from being semi limelight for a few years to 2nd cousins again.

Guest BlueGaz
5 hours ago, Rossy said:

The wankfest in the media is unrelenting.

Ian Durrant being rolled out in a wheelchair to tell everyone how wonderful the game is.

You do realise that no one outside Aberdeen gives a fk about Aberdeen, no one outside Edinburgh gives a fk about Hearts, but millions outside Scotland are interested in Rangers and Celtic?  Thats not a dig, its reality.

5 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

You do realise that no one outside Aberdeen gives a fk about Aberdeen, no one outside Edinburgh gives a fk about Hearts, but millions outside Scotland are interested in Rangers and Celtic?  Thats not a dig, its reality.

Millions?

where do you get that from?

when you say millions are you talking 3 million? Or 20 million? 

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, vanderark14 said:

Millions?

where do you get that from?

when you say millions are you talking 3 million? Or 20 million? 

For the sake or argument, happy to go for 20 million, although its probably a lot more than that.

22 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

For the sake or argument, happy to go for 20 million, although its probably a lot more than that.

I'm not having a dig here, I often see stuff like "millions watch the old firm derby" but its usually only from fans of either club or ex players. This is why I am questioning it. 

on another note, Alex Mcliesh was smiling and seemed proud of the fact that the police have to tell those in the dug out to behave before matches. Am I the only one who thinks this isn't something to be proud of?

18 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm not having a dig here, I often see stuff like "millions watch the old firm derby" but its usually only from fans of either club or ex players. This is why I am questioning it. 

on another note, Alex Mcliesh was smiling and seemed proud of the fact that the police have to tell those in the dug out to behave before matches. Am I the only one who thinks this isn't something to be proud of?

The figure in an article I read was 500,000 viewers although I suppose that's just (legitimate) sky tv viewers, won't account for pubs etc. or overseas.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sky-sports-showing-celtic-v-8722136.amp?client=safari

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

The figure in an article I read was 500,000 viewers although I suppose that's just (legitimate) sky tv viewers, won't account for pubs etc. or overseas.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sky-sports-showing-celtic-v-8722136.amp?client=safari

those in pubs abroad will be tims and huns sitting in hun or tim bars. Its not the millions they all think it is