Celtic V Rangers - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic V Rangers

3 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

i think the pressure is all on Celtic. No one expect rangers to do anything today (including me, tbf)

Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion. Most hoops fans I know are more worried about Tuesday although I suspect that'll go out the window at kick off!

We could lose today and still be top with our game in hand, so the pressure really is off imo. The concern would be that tbe team who want it more sometimes get the result in this fixture.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't have thought today's result will have much real impact on the title. Celtic will stroll that. Today is about bragging rights, a chance for Rangers to show they are back or for Celtic to put them in their place. And it is an OF game, that is never less than hugely important to both sets of fans. 

34 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Think you overstating the significance of the actual result. Celtic on paper are streets ahead of us. I would be ecstatic with a draw based on where I think we are in terms of squad strength.

This.

Anyone that thinks there is any pressure on Rangers to get a result today is kidding themselves on.

22 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

Wouldn't have thought today's result will have much real impact on the title. Celtic will stroll that. Today is about bragging rights, a chance for Rangers to show they are back or for Celtic to put them in their place. And it is an OF game, that is never less than hugely important to both sets of fans. 

bragging rights - up there with banter/bantz as one of the most awful clichés used in and around football

4 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Rangers set piece defending still dodgy...

Anyone seen the BBC survey of fans about which position in their line up they were most/least confident about - no surprise that Rangers central defence featured highly!  Just seems to be  a lack of decent centre halfs in modern football.

6 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Anyone seen the BBC survey of fans about which position in their line up they were most/least confident about - no surprise that Rangers central defence featured highly!  Just seems to be  a lack of decent centre halfs in modern football.

Rangers defence has been shocking for a couple of years. Kiernan is masquerading as a footballer and Senderos never had a reputation as a solid player to begin with. Defending crossing has been their downfall for a while too, thought Sviatchenko would run riot at corners but Dembele has exposed it instead. 

Decent game, never expected Rangers to pull one back but Celtic will probably just pull away in the second half. 

4 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Barton and Nico need to be subbed. Halliday and Forrester on. Amazed we are in the game still.

Bartons touch has been terrible and Krancjar is a luxury they can't afford in this game. Halliday replacing him might help a bit. 

1 minute ago, Barney Rubble said:

Christ Almighty that was an utter doing.

And it would have been worse had Garner not scored when he did.

Yes I think you're right. That goal knocked Celtic out of their stride for a bit and you could see some edginess in their play until the third went in. Had the second half started 2-0 I think Celtic might well have bagged a couple more.

Edited by DaveyDenoon