Celtic V Rangers - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic V Rangers

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone should be surprised by the fact Celtic won, although the a manner of it is disappointing.  We are a long way behind, some promising youngsters signed over the summer and some oldies who so far just seem to be liabilities who slow everything down.  Oh well at least battle for second place should be interesting but Celtic were always clear favourites before a ball was kicked this season.

2 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

An absolute embarrassment of a performance. I actually thought 5-1 flattered us, men against boys for the full 90 minutes. 

No complaints from me. To the (decent) Tims and ABR lads on here, well done and enjoy it. 

Honest man, kudos. Aberdeen and Hearts are better teams than Rangers.

My team will doubtless come back to ground zero on Tuesday. You never know tho ?

15 minutes ago, giblet said:

Rangers seem to have gone back the way in standard from last season.  Poor summer signings

Warburton seemed to go for names instead of performance. Picking Barton and Krancjar for experience was a mistake when Halliday, Holt or even Rossiter have looked more lively and harder working in midfield at times. Senderos was a bombscare waiting to happen and the defence is terrible in the middle. 

There were times when they looked lively in attack but it was few and far between because the midfield gave them no base to begin from imo.  

11 minutes ago, slasher said:

Honest man, kudos. Aberdeen and Hearts are better teams than Rangers.

My team will doubtless come back to ground zero on Tuesday. You never know tho ?

There is no point in being bitter mate. We got humped, simple as that.  I would agree, it's two games we will struggle in, no question. 

Tuesday doesn't really matter. Just getting there had to be the aim for you. 

Edited by Angus_Young

2 minutes ago, Souness' 'tache said:

Warburton seemed to go for names instead of performance. Picking Barton and Krancjar for experience was a mistake when Halliday, Holt or even Rossiter have looked more lively and harder working in midfield at times. Senderos was a bombscare waiting to happen and the defence is terrible in the middle. 

There were times when they looked lively in attack but it was few and far between because the midfield gave them no base to begin from imo.  

Spot on with this. 

Not surprised by the result or the performance. Celtic have far too much pace for the midfield we started with and our defence is shocking at best.

Well deserved win for Celtic which will hopefully give them a bit of confidence for midweek when they're playing a real football team. 

11 minutes ago, Souness' 'tache said:

Holt is injured isn't he? He would start if not.

4 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Holt really big miss. A lot of our link up play flowed through him. I would start Forrester and Halliday every week.

I know that those players are not as big names as Barton and Krancjar and maybe have less experience of really big ocasions but they're not exactly inexperienced either.

6 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Holt is injured isn't he? He would start if not.

Not sure tbh, I don't follow as close as I used to but still watch the games when I can and Holt has looked far better than anything Barton has produced. Halliday or Rossiter would have been fine if he is injured. On the plus side, Windass looked lively and could be a great pickup 

2 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

most enjoyable thing for me from the game was Armstrong's performance. I thought he was great when he came on, albeit against a weakened team. but looked more like the player at Dundee Utd......

Christ we even made that donkey look good?  The rid neck is well and truly complete....