Celtic V Rangers - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic V Rangers

2 minutes ago, macy37 said:

But he hadn't been booked so was it a straight red he was looking for? 

According to Radio Scotland, Warburton and Weir wrongly thought the celtic player had been booked.

So they were looking for the 2nd yellow when he hadn't even had the 1st one. The ref gave neither.

I'd need to go back and watch the game but I think Warburton and Weir got it wrong and ####ed up further by bleating about it and getting Weir sent off.

Like I said deflection from the main issue which was the obvious gulf in class. IMO. Blame the ref, or try to and get your facts wrong.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Big Col said:

According to Radio Scotland, Warburton and Weir wrongly thought the celtic player had been booked.

So they were looking for the 2nd yellow when he hadn't even had the 1st one. The ref gave neither.

I'd need to go back and watch the game but I think Warburton and Weir got it wrong and ####ed up further by bleating about it and getting Weir sent off.

Like I said deflection from the main issue which was the obvious gulf in class. IMO. Blame the ref, or try to and get your facts wrong.

That further adds to my enjoyment of today then. 

23 minutes ago, Mox said:

An easy victory and with a margin that truly encapsulates the gulf between the teams. Atmosphere sounded terrific with different songs and chants throughout and the whole stadium was involved which hasn't been the case for a while. The Rangers songbook was the usual tripe and proved that we are miles ahead on the park as well as embracing a different kind of fan culture.

I've seen Dembele live twice this season and he has looked like a dumpling so pleasantly surprised by his performance today. The whole team was excellent today however Lustig still worries me and will be taken to the cleaners by better opposition but thats a worry for another time.

I remember you dismissing Dembele. Maybe next time you'll give someone more than 2 games before shooting your trap off ?

2 hours ago, ShedTA said:

Yeh I was being a bit facetious but think most rangers fans realise a lot of work to do yet. Don't think many of them believe the going for 55 stuff. Think some of the media did though.

The media hype before this season was ridiculous. We've have signed a new teams worth of players and it hasn't gelled yet, unlike last seasons start.

Personally I think we should aim for top 4 this season. Anything else is a bonus. We have a bigger squad this season but has still to prove it's better. 

And with that defence we'll always ship goals and give other teams a chance.

Warburton needs to learn to adapt his team and quickly.

2 hours ago, ShedTA said:

Yeh I was being a bit facetious but think most rangers fans realise a lot of work to do yet. Don't think many of them believe the going for 55 stuff. Think some of the media did though.

I think the way Celtic stumbled through last season, and us winning the semi final influenced that. It's a complete myth that we play good football, and I would argue that we haven't actually put in a decent performance since that game. The fact is Celtic have improved, we have gone backwards. Anyone thinking there is any sort of title challenge is deluded. 

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Tuesday matters in my eyes. No amount of budget pish will be accepted from me. If we get humped 5-0 it will be a sign of the neglect we've paid to the team/manager more than anything else over the last 2 years!

Wrong choice of words from me. Of course it matters, the point is that there should be no real pressure. Given some of your performances last season, and the fact you have a new manager, qualifying for the group stages had to be the aim, anything now is a bonus. 

2 hours ago, Mox said:

An easy victory and with a margin that truly encapsulates the gulf between the teams. Atmosphere sounded terrific with different songs and chants throughout and the whole stadium was involved which hasn't been the case for a while. The Rangers songbook was the usual tripe and proved that we are miles ahead on the park as well as embracing a different kind of fan culture.

I've seen Dembele live twice this season and he has looked like a dumpling so pleasantly surprised by his performance today. The whole team was excellent today however Lustig still worries me and will be taken to the cleaners by better opposition but thats a worry for another time.

Dembele is a very good player, also young and is still settleing I would say. Showed his ability today though. Him, Sinclair and Rogic are quality players

20 hours ago, Mox said:

. Atmosphere sounded terrific with different songs and chants throughout and the whole stadium was involved which hasn't been the case for a while. .

e.

Any interesting non religious bigot songs.. 

I was presuming some funny bating from the Celtic Fans...  

Did the song from the Cranberries make an appearance....

Give us a wee flavour of the 'non' traditional songs that were sung.

1 hour ago, stocky said:

Any interesting non religious bigot songs.. 

I was presuming some funny bating from the Celtic Fans...  

Did the song from the Cranberries make an appearance....

Give us a wee flavour of the 'non' traditional songs that were sung.

You're no Rangers anymore.

A lovely wee ditty.

On 9/11/2016 at 8:50 PM, Big Col said:

Thought i heard Zombie Nation -  Kernkraft 400 after one of the Celtic goals?

Do do do do, etc.

Definitely did. 

Be disappointed if they didn't play Zombie by Jamie T also. 

Collum had an excellent game imo. The first 20 minutes or so in particular,where it was quite frantic and lot of tackles flying in, can be particularly difficult but he got it spot on, and I certainly don't have any complaints about the bookings he dished out.  

I actually said to the lads I was watching with that Krancjar should be booked if he had another foul......and he was. 

9 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Collum had an excellent game imo. The first 20 minutes or so in particular,where it was quite frantic and lot of tackles flying in, can be particularly difficult but he got it spot on, and I certainly don't have any complaints about the bookings he dished out.  

I actually said to the lads I was watching with that Krancjar should be booked if he had another foul......and he was. 

The 2nd Senderos one looked a player who wanted off the pitch IMO.

22 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

The 2nd Senderos one looked a player who wanted off the pitch IMO.

Aye, that particular point is being debated by a lot if Rangers fans. I know it's early days and everyone deserves a chance but he really does look a poor signing. The sending off apart, his overall display was really poor. Wtf was he doing at the second goal? You would criticise youth teams for diving in like that. 

17 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

Next one 12:15 on Hogmanay at Ibrox - surprised the cops never got it moved :shocked:

It's almost like there's a group called focus who want to justify their existence after the "old firm madness" that will follow in town afterwards.....