Celtic V Rangers - Page 11 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic V Rangers

Basically folk will be drinking from 7am on Hogmany in houses before the game then after the game continue drinking right through the bells into the early hours of new years day.  This is a complete recipe for disaster and I feel sorry for the emergency services and folk that work in hospitals having put up with the riff raff being paraletic and wanting to fight afterwards.  Seems a silly time to have an old firm game, its the festive season and I know there has been rangers celtic games on new years day before but think in general its a bad time to have them with everyone being off on holiday.  But cant say they weren't warned about playing this game on hogmany.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Geed said:

Basically folk will be drinking from 7am on Hogmany in houses before the game then after the game continue drinking right through the bells into the early hours of new years day.  This is a complete recipe for disaster and I feel sorry for the emergency services and folk that work in hospitals having put up with the riff raff being paraletic and wanting to fight afterwards.  Seems a silly time to have an old firm game, its the festive season and I know there has been rangers celtic games on new years day before but think in general its a bad time to have them with everyone being off on holiday.  But cant say they weren't warned about playing this game on hogmany.

Anyone who starts drinking early doors on Hogmanay and doesn't stop won't see the bells. 

Most of the problems around OF games don't happen in or around the game itself but in the aftermath, and that's just going to be a lot worse with more people being out than for Hogmanay,

Emergency services will praying for an uneventful draw with no controversial decisions. 

15 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Police seemingly are happy with it. Must be quadruple time or something.

Mental.

The bosses might say they are but they don't be the ones dealing with the aftermath 

it won't be any extra payment as its not a public holiday although the 1st is so that's probably why the game isn't on then