1,877 - Page 4 - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

DoonTheSlope

14 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

That's daft though. Let's say 15 minutes into the game, you definitely haven't turned up.

Make it a condition of collection. Ie if it's a 19:45 KO, by 20:00 if not collected all tickets if possible will be resold.

J

No, that's daft.

There's an endless list of reasons fans are late for a game.

If I arrived at a ground in a far off land to learn that MY ticket had been sold to a part-time fan, I would be less than satisfied.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, slasher said:

It's not, it's first come first serve. I've just had a Barney with them, cheeky, unhelpful and incompetent!

As I outlined, it's not difficult to run a spreadsheet with some underlying details to filter this by points and time called.

Really isn't difficult at all. It's a bit off if you just missed out on 5 points and somebody on 0 pips you to a ticket.

At worse it should be all 5 pointers to the top of the list. 10-6, there's no excuse, you had your chance. 

J

4 minutes ago, deecie said:

No, that's daft.

There's an endless list of reasons fans are late for a game.

If I arrived at a ground in a far off land to learn that MY ticket had been sold to a part-time fan, I would be less than satisfied.

So I guess the answer is empty seats just incase you are late. TBH it Shouldn't be a hard and fast rule.

If my plane got cancelled and it meant turning up just before KO. A wee call to the SSC explaining this and then they don't resell your ticket, as you have got in touch and let them know.

Youve got to agree that seeing Scotland fans locked out of a sell out because somebody may be late is wrong.

Anyway, I'd be more annoyed that there isn't a points ranked waiting list.

Perhaps something that could be raised for the next ATAC meeting with the SSC.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

Off topic perhaps but if I was asked to collect I'd be making sure I did it at the first available opportunity or ensured I got to the game early to give myself time.

One of the good things about Malta was how busy the away end was half an hour before kick off, this must give a lift to players. Totally understand that things go wrong though.

I phoned up about 12.20 when I eventually got through, and got the kids on the waiting list. Apparently this is ranked in order of points accumulated as 1 of the boys is on 4 points and the other on 3. She also asked if we had booked and paid for this trip, which we have and it's not the cheapest trip we have ever done, not that that's important but not sure if that's a factor or not if you've already booked maybe come before somebody who hasn't on the same points??? But she made it clear that it is going in order of points if any further tickets become available. Again not entirely sure what she meant by that as she wouldn't elaborate so don't know if they are trying to get more or it's waiting to see if any tickets returned

It's been made clear to me they will allocate based on the points system. However they still have people on the waiting list on 0-4 points who shouldn't be and 5 pointers who have been denied access to it. Whatever way they dress it up this is a cock up! ?

Edited by slasher

7 minutes ago, slasher said:

It's been made clear to me they will allocate based on the points system. However they still have people on the waiting list on 0-4 points who shouldn't be and 5 pointers who have been denied access to it. Whatever way they dress it up this is a cock up! ?

Yes, that has not been clear. A two day window would have made sense.

Its not like they are selling tickets anymore.

J

8 minutes ago, slasher said:

any idea how many are on the list before they closed it? I have seen on facebook figures of both 80 and 100

Just now, Bristolhibby said:

Yes, that has not been clear. A two day window would have made sense.

Its not like they are selling tickets anymore.

J

Apparently there were 'hundreds of calls' and lots of collating and there's only 5 of them. Basically they've panicked and made a bad decision. They best get it sorted before the England game! ?

15 minutes ago, slasher said:

Apparently there were 'hundreds of calls' and lots of collating and there's only 5 of them. Basically they've panicked and made a bad decision. They best get it sorted before the England game! ?

Hell, you don't need to even phone.

Send an e-mail marked "Slovakia waiting list", with your name and SSC number by Sunday 18th at Midnight. 

Monday morning, input numbers into database and sort by points.

Allocate spares to 5 pointers, then 4, etc.

J

Well that was a bit of a farce, was punted on to a waiting list for about 5 minutes at 12, finally got in only to have the website show up as sold out. Kept reloading the buy away tickets page and eventually the option to select tickets magically reappeared and I was able to buy the two I needed. Really feel for people who had similar issues but were not successful.

22 minutes ago, cal234ey said:

Well that was a bit of a farce, was punted on to a waiting list for about 5 minutes at 12, finally got in only to have the website show up as sold out. Kept reloading the buy away tickets page and eventually the option to select tickets magically reappeared and I was able to buy the two I needed. Really feel for people who had similar issues but were not successful.

Same thing happened when the Ireland tickets went on sale for l think at the time 4 or 5 pointers did manage to get a ticket after reloading the page 

1 hour ago, Fugitive said:

I reloaded the page for about 45 minutes and never got a sniff of a ticket

Me and mate were on phone to each other at 12 so we didnt both buy tickets and end up having them cancelled. Refreshed and went sold out whilst they updated requirement to 5 points, back online at 12:05 and checked out by 12:07 i kept flicking from home tickets to away tickets tab constantly. Refreshed at 12:24 and still tickets there.

3 hours ago, fierypict said:

I'm a wee bit confused by some saying they're on a waiting list?

Surely, If any more tickets become available it should be to 5 pointers, then 4 and so on.

I'm on 4 at the moment and never had a chance to go on any waiting list.... Or, am I missing something ^?^

The waiting list is for when more become available after the random collection email goes out.