1,877 - Page 5 - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

DoonTheSlope

I was constantly refreshing at 12 (shamelessly using the works wifi) and litrally as soon as it hit 5 points it was sold out. 29 attempts and finally got through to be put on the waiting list. Guy said that it was first come first served in terms of tickets that come back but asked how many points I was on. Surely useless information if it is first come first served. Then saw on twitter a tweet from SFA that there were still tickets available at 12:17 (was still trying up to and beyond this). Asked after if there were issues with the system and apparently alot of people had issues.

Long and short of it, if you placed tickets into your basket before 12 then just kept hitting check out eventually it would go through when the system caught up

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

The waiting list is for when more become available after the random collection email goes out.

But how do you get on the waiting list unless you phone up, which i'm sure they wouldn't want to advertise?

Seems like a bit of a botch up, if you ask me....

You can't contact them unless you have the right number of points, yet if you happen to phone up at the right time, you get put on a previously un-announced waiting list?

Wonderful, as ever..... :spin: 

Och, at least it's saved me some dosh, as I was only gonnie go if I had a ticket!

Full focus on Londinium now! :P

On 16 September 2016 at 9:59 PM, ScottyAlba said:

I was constantly refreshing at 12 (shamelessly using the works wifi) and litrally as soon as it hit 5 points it was sold out. 29 attempts and finally got through to be put on the waiting list. Guy said that it was first come first served in terms of tickets that come back but asked how many points I was on. Surely useless information if it is first come first served. Then saw on twitter a tweet from SFA that there were still tickets available at 12:17 (was still trying up to and beyond this). Asked after if there were issues with the system and apparently alot of people had issues.

Long and short of it, if you placed tickets into your basket before 12 then just kept hitting check out eventually it would go through when the system caught up

Classic example of why a ballot would be better! 

On 17/09/2016 at 0:11 AM, HIGHTOWER 1314 said:

I am on 5 points and when i sent the ssc an email about the waiting list they said it was now closed.

Yet, I know for a fact there are people on the list who have less than 5 points. Another SSC feck up!

Phoned at around 9am the day the tickets sold out and was told no waiting list until next week.Checked tamb at 12.45 and was surprised when I read there was a waiting list.Phoned them back at 1pm and told waiting list closed.Told her I phoned this morning and she then deciding to put me on the list.Not happy about this as I would have phoned a half a hour earlier

• 2 weeks later...