Disgusting!!! TA lose 2 members because of violent attack - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Disgusting!!! TA lose 2 members because of violent attack

Man wi a plan

2 Friends of mine (aged 67 and 44)also part of the TA were verbally abused and had things thrown at them in a bar in Malta on the day of the game by 7-8 other so called TA fans they left after one of them threw a glass at them. They did the sensible thing in leaving (or so you would think) but this did not deter the cowards that followed them to dish out their "punishment" and to inform them that they were not welcome in the TA.  Their crime was they were were supporters of another Scottish club Rangers, and there was me thinking that club football was left at home and we all followed Scotland. I have seen behaviour as I am sure that others have that there has been a growing animosity towards all things Rangers but we are Scotland fans.  Now I have been asked by the older gentleman not to be named as he now fears being attacked in Scotland (great innit now living in fear) they have just arrived back from Malta as he was hospitalised with his injuries. My friend the 44 year old wants the story told but doesn't want to be named because of his fathers wishes. So is this what it has come to following Scotland and being a Rangers fan that you will be in fear of attack. As a consequence they have both cancelled their TA membership,both 10 pointers, they have been following Scotland for over 35 and 50 years and now will never go to a game again. This is not their first run in with other Scotland fans but as he says it's normally just verbal nonsense but this has taken a serious turn for the worst. Is this what we as fans should expect from now on?

So if you are the cowards that did this I hope you have been bragging about it so that maybe you will be caught. 

Diabolical shame that 2 of our long standing TA members cannot follow their country and we have now lost the 2 of them because of this. Even the Wallace is a grass for being allegedly attacked which he says he didn't tho I'm getting into did he didn't he argument as quite simply I don't know. 

Is this what we expect from now on. I'm just sickened by it all. Let's hope if any TA fans see this behaviour we will go back to our old values of policing our own as we have an exemplary record. 

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont find this story convincing at all like not in the slightest but running with it does this mean it is ok to denounce every rangers fan if you meet an arsehole one. Funnily enough we get a lot of posts on here from rangers fans rightly saying that is the action of an utter bellend / . 

I'm not going to debate it. I've been asked to tell what happened to them I have. Bury your heads, laugh it off I personally think it's vile, disgusting and we are now 2 TA members down because of it and one of them so scared won't he won't even come back to a Scotland game. Disgusting and to pass it off is nearly as bad. 

It is like giving up supporting golf because once every 20 years you meet a group of really dickish golfers in the bar when they are pished. (could this be really alcohol related and nothing to do with supporting Scotland? crazy I know...)

Clearly that is golf's fault as a whole and it is a shame on anyone who enjoys supporting golf thereafter. 

edit: still find the OP not credible.

Edited by thplinth

1 minute ago, Return of Yermaw said:

something tells me that rangers tops, GSTQ and tattoos might have been involved. if not, I apologise and the poor vulnerable souls were hounded out of a bar by their fellow countrymen by the merest reference in passing to their chosen team.

has Fermer come back on board?  any reference to "bile" in the account?

ron (not that I think fermer is ron) used to have a few 'rainy day' logins tucked away for when he got banned / committed tamb suicide in a martyrdomesque manner. It is indeed interesting this poster has suddenly went active in a ghost of fermer way... no real interest, like a form of tamb sudoku really.

That aside this thread reeks of martyrdom, the whole thing seems hugely mope and victimhood centric. Shall we crowdfund a wreath? And lay it on the steps the bar where this all did(nt) happen.

2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

ron (not that I think fermer is ron) used to have a few 'rainy day' logins tucked away for when he got banned / committed tamb suicide in a martyrdomesque manner. It is indeed interesting this poster has suddenly went active in a ghost of fermer way... no real interest, like a form of tamb sudoku really.

That aside this thread reeks of martyrdom, the whole thing seems hugely mope and victimhood centric. Shall we crowdfund a wreath? And lay it on the steps the bar where this all did(nt) happen.

Who's up for a parachute jump?

15 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Will they be explaining to SSC why they are giving up their membership when they are on 10 points?

8 minutes ago, The Laud said:

Just wondering how you cancel your membership?

You drop then an email.

I'd be surprised and disappointed if this is true. Not only that it happened, but was allowed to happen without intervention.

Some Rangers fans (not the type that post on here!) will love that story! I expect I'll see it shared on social media soon enough.

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

I'd be surprised and disappointed if this is true. Not only that it happened, but was allowed to happen without intervention.

Some Rangers fans (not the type that post on here!) will love that story! I expect I'll see it shared on social media soon enough.

Exactly. Wouldn't surprise me if it's a troll on here trying to drum up how much of a bunch of wallopers we are. 

1 hour ago, Man wi a plan said:

2 Friends of mine (aged 67 and 44)also part of the TA were verbally abused and had things thrown at them in a bar in Malta on the day of the game by 7-8 other so called TA fans they left after one of them threw a glass at them. They did the sensible thing in leaving (or so you would think) but this did not deter the cowards that followed them to dish out their "punishment" and to inform them that they were not welcome in the TA.  Their crime was they were were supporters of another Scottish club Rangers, and there was me thinking that club football was left at home and we all followed Scotland. I have seen behaviour as I am sure that others have that there has been a growing animosity towards all things Rangers but we are Scotland fans.  Now I have been asked by the older gentleman not to be named as he now fears being attacked in Scotland (great innit now living in fear) they have just arrived back from Malta as he was hospitalised with his injuries. My friend the 44 year old wants the story told but doesn't want to be named because of his fathers wishes. So is this what it has come to following Scotland and being a Rangers fan that you will be in fear of attack. As a consequence they have both cancelled their TA membership,both 10 pointers, they have been following Scotland for over 35 and 50 years and now will never go to a game again. This is not their first run in with other Scotland fans but as he says it's normally just verbal nonsense but this has taken a serious turn for the worst. Is this what we as fans should expect from now on?

So if you are the cowards that did this I hope you have been bragging about it so that maybe you will be caught. 

Diabolical shame that 2 of our long standing TA members cannot follow their country and we have now lost the 2 of them because of this. Even the Wallace is a grass for being allegedly attacked which he says he didn't tho I'm getting into did he didn't he argument as quite simply I don't know. 

Is this what we expect from now on. I'm just sickened by it all. Let's hope if any TA fans see this behaviour we will go back to our old values of policing our own as we have an exemplaryrecord

I'm sure the SSC will be happy to confirm that two of their members cancelled their membership due to this and will want to track down the perpetrators.

Either that or you could just admit that it is complete fiction