Disgusting!!! TA lose 2 members because of violent attack - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Disgusting!!! TA lose 2 members because of violent attack

Man wi a plan

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Man wi a plan said:

2 Friends of mine (aged 67 and 44)also part of the TA were verbally abused and had things thrown at them in a bar in Malta on the day of the game by 7-8 other so called TA fans they left after one of them threw a glass at them. They did the sensible thing in leaving (or so you would think) but this did not deter the cowards that followed them to dish out their "punishment" and to inform them that they were not welcome in the TA.  Their crime was they were were supporters of another Scottish club Rangers, and there was me thinking that club football was left at home and we all followed Scotland. I have seen behaviour as I am sure that others have that there has been a growing animosity towards all things Rangers but we are Scotland fans.  Now I have been asked by the older gentleman not to be named as he now fears being attacked in Scotland (great innit now living in fear) they have just arrived back from Malta as he was hospitalised with his injuries. My friend the 44 year old wants the story told but doesn't want to be named because of his fathers wishes. So is this what it has come to following Scotland and being a Rangers fan that you will be in fear of attack. As a consequence they have both cancelled their TA membership,both 10 pointers, they have been following Scotland for over 35 and 50 years and now will never go to a game again. This is not their first run in with other Scotland fans but as he says it's normally just verbal nonsense but this has taken a serious turn for the worst. Is this what we as fans should expect from now on?

So if you are the cowards that did this I hope you have been bragging about it so that maybe you will be caught. 

Diabolical shame that 2 of our long standing TA members cannot follow their country and we have now lost the 2 of them because of this. Even the Wallace is a grass for being allegedly attacked which he says he didn't tho I'm getting into did he didn't he argument as quite simply I don't know. 

Is this what we expect from now on. I'm just sickened by it all. Let's hope if any TA fans see this behaviour we will go back to our old values of policing our own as we have an exemplary record. 

What a complete roaster :lol:

7 hours ago, suriarte said:

I was standing outside Scotsman on Thursday and witnessed the guy with the tyson tattoo getting chucked out and skelped by bouncer from Irish bar. He then staggered along and started on one of our group. After we walked away him and his wee weed of a pal went back to spitting at and square going the bouncer from 20 yards.

Was that the swarthy guy with a tatoo next to his eye ? If so in Hugos post match he was an utter twat (and not that young) I very lightly bumped into him (the place was bouncing) and he looked at me like I was shit. Later my son went to shake his hand, cannot remember why, and he moved himself away as if to say " off".  Just ignored it but he seemed a walloper.

3 hours ago, mariokempes56 said:

Was that the swarthy guy with a tatoo next to his eye ? If so in Hugos post match he was an utter twat (and not that young) I very lightly bumped into him (the place was bouncing) and he looked at me like I was shit. Later my son went to shake his hand, cannot remember why, and he moved himself away as if to say " off".  Just ignored it but he seemed a walloper.

Sounds very much like him. 

I can confirm that I, ScotlandFanMuir am one of the rare breed who goes on tour with Scotland and also supports Rangers.

I made it to a mere 8 games last campaign, failing to stump up the funds for Poland and Georgia away.

Anyway. If I were hurled vicious abuse from fellow Tartan Army members - oh, I can imagine them now. 'Yes' wallpapers on their iPhones. St Andrews cross tattooed on the ankle. Nicki Sturgeon on the brain. If they were to approach me, foaming at the mouth, shouting - 'YOU, YA ORANGE, NO VOTING, SEVCO SUPPORTING, QUEEN LOVING, ZOMBIE , GTF' - I must admit, I'd have to look him/her in the eye, tip my vodka towards them and say, cheers.

This thread is ridiculous. But funny.

27 minutes ago, ScotlandFanMuir said:

one of the rare breed who goes on tour with Scotland and also supports Rangers.

The Scotland fan base has traditionally had more supporters of Rangers than any other club

I sincerely doubt that it is now a rare breed

23 hours ago, dandydunn said:

What has an assault in a foreign country got to do with the sfa?

I seen a guy get chinned in Cyprus the other night,should I call them about that too?

If this really happened and these guys were 10 pointers, then I think the SFA have to be concerned. The detail supplied seems to indicate the story is a lot of tosh but I think, for the sake of the TA reputation, the SFA need to get to the bottom of this!! For the avoidance of doubt, I am a 10 pointer, I am not a The Rangers fan and I am not a Catholic working for charity!!

Guest BlueGaz
13 minutes ago, BUFF 1875 said:

For the avoidance of doubt, I am a 10 pointer, I am not a The Rangers fan and I am not a Catholic working for charity!!

Phew, thanks for clearing that up - we can now cross you off the list.  Next !!!

Surely one of your first questions would be "what happened between saying you were a Rangers fan to getting a glass thrown at your head?" That seems like an important and large part of the story to have missed out.

Did the bottle throwing happen instantly? Was there a back-and-forth conversation before hand? Or was it a one sided argument? What club team/s did the group say they followed back home? Did this make matters worse? Did your 2 friends do or say anything that might have antagonized the group? Was there a group "leader" or was it all that took part in verbally abusing them? What age were they? Are you sure they were "TA" members? Did they say they were? How many followed then out? All of them?

Where was the bar? What (part of the) town? What time did this take place? Morning, afternoon, shortly before kick-off? Was the bar full? Empty? Just the 9-10 of them and the staff or 50-100 odd? Any witnesses? Anyone stand up to the group and tell them to calm down? Anyone else get involved in any sort of way that could back up anything you have said?

On 7 September 2016 at 6:47 PM, Man wi a plan said:

Oh and btw both are Catholics and work for a charitable organisation Not that should matter. 

I have to admit I just spat my drink out at that - need to go and change my top :rollsmile: 

When I asked to cancel my membership they told me I'd have to return all my tat first!

Edited by Regenmann

3 hours ago, BUFF 1875 said:

If this really happened and these guys were 10 pointers, then I think the SFA have to be concerned. The detail supplied seems to indicate the story is a lot of tosh but I think, for the sake of the TA reputation, the SFA need to get to the bottom of this!! For the avoidance of doubt, I am a 10 pointer, I am not a The Rangers fan and I am not a Catholic working for charity!!

But no one really knows if it was Scotland fans carrying out the assault. 

The sfa are a football association,not someone instructed to uphold the law of a foreign country. 

:blink: Oh dear god!  I've been travelling since 2003 and never had any shyte...other than the normal banter...for being a Rangers fan.  Maybe it's cos I is a girl.....

I’m reading this thread a day or two after my nephew was jumped and viciously assaulted.  He was under 16 European kick boxing champion and, although it’s been a year or two since he fought (he chose  football ahead of it) he is still very fit. A nicer laddie you couldn’t meet.

So, Mr whatever your name is that started this thread, I really really hope what you have said is true. Not that I wish you or any of your friends any harm. But if all that you wrote is a lie, then that is more vicious and cowardly than anything you described in your posts.

8 hours ago, Capital Saint said:

I’m reading this thread a day or two after my nephew was jumped and viciously assaulted.  He was under 16 European kick boxing champion and, although it’s been a year or two since he fought (he chose  football ahead of it) he is still very fit. A nicer laddie you couldn’t meet.

So, Mr whatever your name is that started this thread, I really really hope what you have said is true. Not that I wish you or any of your friends any harm. But if all that you wrote is a lie, then that is more vicious and cowardly than anything you described in your posts.

Is he a Rangers fan too?