Disgusting!!! TA lose 2 members because of violent attack - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Disgusting!!! TA lose 2 members because of violent attack

Man wi a plan

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, deecie said:

And linking support for the Football team to support for Independence is moronic.

I really struggle to understand how no voters can follow and support Scotland in international football without having some twinge of guilt over denying their Country independence.

By definition of their decision they did not see Scotland as a Country but more as a region of UK.

5 hours ago, giblet said:

I really struggle to understand how no voters can follow and support Scotland in international football without having some twinge of guilt over denying their Country independence.

By definition of their decision they did not see Scotland as a Country but more as a region of UK.

I used to think this way but tbh I'm actually sick to the back teeth with reading and hearing about politics at the minute. 

3 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I used to think this way but tbh I'm actually sick to the back teeth with reading and hearing about politics at the minute. 

I'm much the the same way about football at the moment thanks to the week leading up to the Old Firm game and this week's afters about it. 

8 hours ago, giblet said:

Your struggle surprises me.  You always came across as one of the more intelligent posters on the TAMB.  Genuinely surprised that you struggle with the concept.

27 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Your struggle surprises me.  You always came across as one of the more intelligent posters on the TAMB.  Genuinely surprised that you struggle with the concept.

Surely if you view the UK as your country and your nationality as British then you would rather have a British football team to support.

4 minutes ago, northernscum said:

It was on 18th September 2014. The result was appx 55% voting in favour of being British. I am surprised you didn't notice it at the time, it was a fairly big thing.

I remember that one, but it was "Should Scotland be an independent country?" - a completely different question.

6 minutes ago, deecie said:

I remember that one, but it was "Should Scotland be an independent country?" - a completely different question.

Exactly, your catching on quick.

We voted no, therfore our nationality is officially British. That is a part and parcel of independent nations. It determins our nationality. 

7 minutes ago, deecie said:

No, it wasn't.

55% of people said that Scotland should not be an independent country.

You're going to need to explain to me how that is difference to 55% of people wanting to be British, given that being British was the alternative.

Unless of course you're being obtuse. Heaven forfend!

10 hours ago, giblet said:

Football and politics should be kept separate, imo.

1 minute ago, Marky said:

You're going to need to explain to me how that is difference to 55% of people wanting to be British, given that being British was the alternative.

Unless of course you're being obtuse. Heaven forfend!

Being Scottish and British isn't mutually exclusive.

It's a pretty simple concept.

If you consider yourself Scottish and you thought it was best for Scotland to remain part of the U.K. You're still Scottish.

I'm sure this concept will confuse the braindead 'Independence at any cost' mob.

9 minutes ago, deecie said:

If you consider yourself Scottish and you thought it was best for Scotland to remain part of the U.K. You're still Scottish.

I'm sure this concept will confuse the braindead 'Independence at any cost' mob.

But you're  not scottish though are you.

Your nationality is British, you are a British citizen with a British passport. 

Edited by iainmac1

7 minutes ago, deecie said:

Ah the old "cost" argument. I guess it depends on how you define cost. Would Scots be financially worse off in this current short term? Possibly. 

Personally I give cost a far wider definition  extending way beyond personal financial gain for greedy selfish people.

A large number of people who voted no seen no contradiction between being both Scottish and British.

I'd suggest that anyone who supports Scottish Independence and wants to convince others gets their head around that and adopts a counter-narrative.

Alternatively you could just shout "YOU'RE NOT SCOTTISH", that might work.

2 minutes ago, Marky said:

Ah the old "cost" argument. I guess it depends on how you define cost. Would Scots be financially worse off in this current short term? Possibly. 

Personally I give cost a far wider definition  extending way beyond personal financial gain for greedy selfish people.

I don't remember mentioning cost once.

13 minutes ago, deecie said:

Yup, no mention of cost.

5 minutes ago, aaid said:

A large number of people who voted no seen no contradiction between being both Scottish and British.

I'd suggest that anyone who supports Scottish Independence and wants to convince others gets their head around that and adopts a counter-narrative.

This.

8 minutes ago, aaid said:

I do agree with you in principle aaid but I still struggle a bit with the concept of voting no and supporting Scotland. I guess the Scotland v UK is a bit of an anomaly that doesn't really exist elsewhere. 

I do however really struggle with the concept of voting no and singing our national anthem.

3 minutes ago, Marky said:

Erm. You mentioned cost.

I used the word 'cost', but as part of the phrase 'at any cost'. These have different meanings.

Either way, some posts are worth repeating:

11 minutes ago, aaid said: