Disgusting!!! TA lose 2 members because of violent attack - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Disgusting!!! TA lose 2 members because of violent attack

Man wi a plan

7 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I never seen it as a vote about identity, while I would never vote no I understand why many did, and many did because they thought it was the best decision for their families and Scotland. 

Maybe not identity but I think that word contains the clue which is 'entity'.

You are an (id)entity, your family are an entity, your company if you have one is an entity, your football team, your town, your region and your country. Country is a very ancient very deep entity.

Scotland the entity is all about looking after Scots. So why would you ever hand the decision making of that entity to another country, that defeats the whole purpose of 'Scotland'. It is like having a family and then letting the family next door make all your decisions for you.  

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Maybe not identity but I think that word contains the clue which is 'entity'.

You are an (id)entity, your family are an entity, your company if you have one is an entity, your football team, your town, your region and your country. Country is a very ancient very deep entity.

Scotland the entity is all about looking after Scots. So why would you ever hand the decision making of that entity to another country, that defeats the whole purpose of 'Scotland'. It is like having a family and then letting the family next door make all your decisions for you.  

I don't disagree with a lot of that but I look as Scotland as a country in a political union with other countries. 

3 hours ago, Glasgowmancity said:

10660336_834988236520016_594481536368415

Never seemed to be a problem in Dortmund just prior to the referendum :ok: 

There was a few scraps just after we got into the ground in Dortmund because some guys took issue with another boy telling everyone to hide their yes flags so they wouldn't get confiscated, so that's not totally correct. Your experience was obviously different though, which is good to hear.

12 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I don't disagree with a lot of that but I look as Scotland as a country in a political union with other countries. 

My preferred world is not perhaps so different to yours. Rather than trying to homogenize nations into union superstates I would like to see nation states encouraged to be independent (rather than unionized out of existence) with nations being the ultimate "MP's in this global parliament / community.  

Then using this nation state framework and over time national economies and cultures will gradually converge (or not and those who do not will not join) and then when unions do become obvious they will happen naturally.

This attempt to eliminate nations first in the hope it will lead to magical super quick economic and cultural convergence is not only stupid it is down right dangerous. Personally I think it it is being done very deliberately* to destabilize us (i.e. EU member states). (*not saying you personally here just spraffing :lol:

7 minutes ago, thplinth said:

My preferred world is not perhaps so different to yours. Rather than trying to homogenize nations into union superstates I would like to see nation states encouraged to be independent (rather than unionized out of existence) with nations being the ultimate "MP's in this global parliament / community.  

Then using this nation state framework and over time national economies and cultures will gradually converge (or not and those who do not will not join) and then when unions do become obvious they will happen naturally.

This attempt to eliminate nations first in the hope it will lead to magical super quick economic and cultural convergence is not only stupid it is down right dangerous. Personally I think it it is being done very deliberately* to destabilize us (i.e. EU member states). (*not saying you personally here just spraffing :lol:

I wanted independence and can't see a situation were I would vote against it. 

12 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I wanted independence and can't see a situation were I would vote against it. 

Me too. Seems like things get out of kilter when you have too much nation or too much union in politics. I would be happy with strong nations in strong unions but alas one seems destined to eat the other. If it is a choice I would be loathed to give up nations for unions. Because it is like joining the euro (but worse), you can never ever go back even if it is obviously a huge mistake.

12 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I'm calling bullshit on this whole sorry charade. The OP has caught a few bites, I'll give him his due

He's probably been posting on FollowFollow or Rangurzmeeja since then banging on about how the TA hate Rangers, how everyone on the TAMB was laughing at how his two mates (recently knighted for their charity work) got beat up in by nine hundred IRA loving Aberdonians out in Malta and he will now be supporting England from now on.

6 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

He's probably been posting on FollowFollow or Rangurzmeeja since then banging on about how the TA hate Rangers, how everyone on the TAMB was laughing at how his two mates (recently knighted for their charity work) got beat up in by nine hundred IRA loving Aberdonians out in Malta and he will now be supporting England from now on.

No he hasn't.  But get well soon bud !!!!

37 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

I can't reconcile that no voters like alan and deecie can support a so called national football team when they don't believe in that nation. Same with all those finlay farqhaur rugby juan kerrs.

To them scotland should be nothing less than a region of the united kingdom. 

Thanks, but I voted Yes last time.

I'm sure if you keep insulting people with different opinions to you they'll change their minds.

45 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

I can't reconcile that no voters like alan and deecie can support a so called national football team when they don't believe in that nation. Same with all those finlay farqhaur rugby juan kerrs.

People like you do more harm than good to the independence movement

On 22/09/2016 at 3:07 PM, scoobydoo said:

That probably says alot about you then ;)

On 08/09/2016 at 8:43 AM, suriarte said:

I was standing outside Scotsman on Thursday and witnessed the guy with the tyson tattoo getting chucked out and skelped by bouncer from Irish bar. He then staggered along and started on one of our group. After we walked away him and his wee weed of a pal went back to spitting at and square going the bouncer from 20 yards.

I spoke to these two on the Sunday night after the game in Hugo's, both seemed alright as well....strange how a few days before they were acting like that (if it's the same guys, but doubt two people would have that 'tyson' tat)

9 hours ago, Byrne2711 said:

I spoke to these two on the Sunday night after the game in Hugo's, both seemed alright as well....strange how a few days before they were acting like that (if it's the same guys, but doubt two people would have that 'tyson' tat)

Probably because they were off their tits on something - not drink - on the Thursday night. 

On ‎22‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 3:07 PM, scoobydoo said:

Typed all the way from Australia. Another Bonnie Prince Charlie.

On Thursday, September 08, 2016 at 9:51 AM, CovGer said:

Some of the posts on this thread make it easy to understand why some Rangers follow England.

Some of these posts on this thread make it even easier to understand why some Scotland fans dont like (the new) Rangers (without even digging into the real deep shit of rangersmedia and follow follow). Megalomania, entitlement, paranoia, agression, victimhood and utter blatant lies all in one set of fans is like having 6 mad house inmates in one. This story (both are older Catholic work for charity..sure and donor blood 5 times a week and fought at Bannockburn?) is a blatant lie and typical sevco propaganda to fill and close the ranks. They love this siege mentality. On the one hand" we are the people"..on the other" the whole of Scotland is against us". That mentality is so weird and makes no sense. And yes, am aware theres good Sevco fans outhere as well....ive heard ;-)

Edited by Batzek-osemba