Pedal for Scotland this weekend - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pedal for Scotland this weekend

Anyone else doing any of the events on Sunday? Didn't realise the finishing point had changed to Ingleston. 

Last year trying to get a train was a nightmare. The Royal highland centre is good for me as it makes my journey back to Falkirk a little shorter. 

Hopefully the mutants in Avonbridge stay away with their tacks this time. 

it goes through Linlithgow. Some local charity events (Macmillan) were cancelled as no one can get in to the events, due to the road closures.

Others are having to park their cars quite a bit away so they can actually get to work on the Sunday. Road closures are starting at 5:30am in some areas.

Quite a lot of folk moaning, then folk moaning about the people moaning.

Local community folk saying no liaison by organisers this year, as Linlithgow Folk Festival is on, but no convenient way to get into town from 6am to 3pm. also the route changed.

Doesn't affect me though. Some folk are struggling to get to work unless they park their car a mile away the night before. 

Basically some folk are raging, and others are raging at folk being raging.

I'll probably sleep through it as will have been up all night watching MMA.

1 hour ago, they've_been_suckered said:

Is it much of a hassle btw? Genuine question. Suppose it's not like a pro race where the entire group pass quickly... Would be a sustained drip feeding of folk all day. 

Not really, not for me anyway. I can get out of my street and pretty much anywhere I want to go, although Baillieston Cross will effectively be shut from 5.30am till 11am but I can't see us wanting to go anywhere before 11am on a Sunday

3 hours ago, Lion Rampant said:

Not really, not for me anyway. I can get out of my street and pretty much anywhere I want to go, although Baillieston Cross will effectively be shut from 5.30am till 11am but I can't see us wanting to go anywhere before 11am on a Sunday

I could sympathise if folk felt put out by it to be fair, it's a great thing to get folk into cycling though so one morning/afternoon of pain will pay off in the long run.