Westminster - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Has the board been cunningly infiltrated by the Tory party ? Never have i see more deflection from a subject. Outrage at 4 bn quid has turned into a 'great tram and underground systems of the world' thread. 

Also,  the proposal for traditional tory style economic solutions such as selling it to developers for a hotel or flats is not in line with the normal left of centre feel around here. 

20 hours ago, ShedTA said:

Proper underground or overground metro that goes underground a bit? Never used to have one anyway. But not been for a few years.

To be fair, the London underground is 55% above ground. So the BART is fairly classified as a subway system. 

51 minutes ago, biffer said:

Also,  the proposal for traditional tory style economic solutions such as selling it to developers for a hotel or flats is not in line with the normal left of centre feel around here. 

that was me, i put myself on the left of centre  however selling that building for property development would be a great use of a public resource, and use the profits of the sale along with £4b savings, to better use,  

A brand new building for £1b and say £2-3b for the sale of the palace of westminster.  A saving of @£5b to be better used to help the poor ..

its not left of centre to waste money on useless projects its just stupid... Left of Right..