Lithuania public sale - Page 4 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lithuania public sale

Toepoke

6 hours ago, KennethV said:

where are you hearing this from?

Speaking to SSC today about whem Wembley tickets on sale as I may be away when they are going out and asked then. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 05/10/2016 at 3:29 PM, Angusfifer said:

3.9.2011 EC Czech Republic Hampden 51,457

This could be the last Saturday kick off?? (And also the biggest Hampden crowd for a qualifier since it was redone?)

It was towards the end of the campaign tho and was one of those mysterious "must win" games if i remember right... but also post the 4-6-0 game in Prague and the 3-2 loss to Spain

3 hours ago, Shed_Tartan_Army_Yeah said:

This could be the last Saturday kick off?? (And also the biggest Hampden crowd for a qualifier since it was redone?)

It was towards the end of the campaign tho and was one of those mysterious "must win" games if i remember right... but also post the 4-6-0 game in Prague and the 3-2 loss to Spain

I remember this game well. We were 2-1 up through goals from Kenny Miller and Darren Fletcher then Danny Wilson gave away a late penalty. Then in the dying seconds we should of had a penalty when Berra was fouled in the box!

I had 2-1 Kenny Miller on at the bookies and was bouncing about the West Stand thinking I was quids in only for Wilson to spoil the party.

5 minutes ago, clarky1606 said:

I remember this game well. We were 2-1 up through goals from Kenny Miller and Darren Fletcher then Danny Wilson gave away a late penalty. Then in the dying seconds we should of had a penalty when Berra was fouled in the box!

I had 2-1 Kenny Miller on at the bookies and was bouncing about the West Stand thinking I was quids in only for Wilson to spoil the party.

A bit harsh on Wilson. They Czech player dived. 

42 minutes ago, clarky1606 said:

Then in the dying seconds we should of had a penalty when Berra was fouled in the box!

No we shouldn't have, it was a blatant dive by Berra. He chose to try and cheat and ruined a great chance for us to score. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

No we shouldn't have, it was a blatant dive by Berra. He chose to try and cheat and ruined a great chance for us to score. 

The Czech player tries to nick the ball and you can see why Berra went down.. many strikers would do the same. Your asking a lot of Berra to either score from that angle or pick out a pass before he is tackled :lol:

10 minutes ago, clarky1606 said:

The Czech player tries to nick the ball and you can see why Berra went down.. many strikers would do the same. Your asking a lot of Berra to either score from that angle or pick out a pass before he is tackled :lol:

It was a blatant dive. An attempt to cheat. We can't castigate the Czech player for doing it and defend Berra. 

He was in a great position and had a chance to have a shot at goal from close range. He chose to try and cheat. 

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It was a blatant dive. An attempt to cheat. We can't castigate the Czech player for doing it and defend Berra. 

He was in a great position and had a chance to have a shot at goal from close range. He chose to try and cheat. 

I've watched it back now were debating and it looks like there is slight contact but I agree he does go down very easily.

There is a player cutting off the angle to goal and Czechs have a few other players back defending. I wouldn't bet on Berra scoring from that angle or finding a successful pass if he stays on his feet. We would more chance scoring from from a penalty IMO

1 minute ago, BRAVELANEY1 said:

I think the point is if the ref was giving them a pen he should have gave us one as both soft, same old hard luck story.

That being said two wrongs don't make a right but you know what I mean.

Its definitely the refs fault :lol: If only his mistake was blowing the whistle with 5 mins to go then I would have been quids in and Scotland would have won 2-1