Rangers Fans Again - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers Fans Again

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, macy37 said:

Its sick to have a doll with a huns scarf hanging?

Yes.

It's depicting people hanging themselves,  not the team which it was supposedly meant to be. 

I only seen it an hour ago and had no clue what it was meant to be depicting...   zombies - aye,  RIP signs - aye.   Blow-up dolls with Rangers scarves hanging from a top-tier of a fitba stadium?   Absolutely no. 

12 minutes ago, OLAS said:

Yes.

It's depicting people hanging themselves,  not the team which it was supposedly meant to be. 

I only seen it an hour ago and had no clue what it was meant to be depicting...   zombies - aye,  RIP signs - aye.   Blow-up dolls with Rangers scarves hanging from a top-tier of a fitba stadium?   Absolutely no. 

precisely.

16 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Sorry but I think that is total bull. Is that what the next generation of fans are going to be brought up to think like? That saddens me if so. I have been to football matches at all levels and never seen vandalism on any scale that comes close to this. Perhaps you are only referring to the 'Filth Derby' and if so doesn't that tell you something?

Yeah, I thought that took it to a whole new level of stupidity. Thankfully it happened way below me in the Jock Stein Stand so I never saw it but seriously, to think sonmeone thought that was a good idea then went out and bought a couple of blow up dolls and some hun scarves..... I love a wind up but this was just not funny and I doubt many huns actually saw it from where they were sitting/ standing/ greeting.

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I can't understand it at all, smashing up the toilets in a rivals stadium never enters my thoughts when my team is on the end of a doing. 

I was trying to be funny/sarcastic by suggesting the toilets were so packed due to the Rangers fans not wanting to watch what was happening on the pitch. Obviously when you have to explain it to someone, well it's not really worked!

The Rangers directors have used this crass display by Celtic fans to put up a bit of flak and deflect from the result with another stonking statement.  A tactic that worked wonders with the Weegie media after the cup final earlier this year.  

With the toilets, hanging effigies and lest we not forget that once more the bigot songbook was in full cry, what a reminder as to how horrendous this fixture truly is.  Sooner they go down South into the 3rd Division the better. 

49 minutes ago, giblet said:

The Rangers directors have used this crass display by Celtic fans to put up a bit of flak and deflect from the result with another stonking statement.  A tactic that worked wonders with the Weegie media after the cup final earlier this year.  

With the toilets, hanging effigies and lest we not forget that once more the bigot songbook was in full cry, what a reminder as to how horrendous this fixture truly is.  Sooner they go down South into the 3rd Division the better. 

There was only one team singing bigoted and banned songs on saturday and it wasn't Celtic. I'm sure you know that though and lazily just lumped us together.

8 hours ago, OLAS said:

Yes.

Fair enough. I must have a warped mind then.

5 minutes ago, BremnerLorimerGray said:

Hun isn't sectarian and it's straw clutching at its finest.  

I'm still waiting on the Daily Mash confirming they have written that statement.

No one said it was. 

But can you imagine the uproar if there's a banner saying tattie picking scum at the next derby at ibrox?

I assume many defending these actions would be outraged. 

6 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

No one said it was. 

But can you imagine the uproar if there's a banner saying tattie picking scum at the next derby at ibrox?

That's slightly different to a banner with tim on it which would cause no upset.

The whataboutery from both sides is off the charts.

Some Rangers fans are doing a job of trying to excuse the demolition of the toilets.

"it happens all the time"

"they called us Huns"

"they hung "effigies""

"why are the mhedia publishing this story"

"but, but, but, but"

Both sides have a sizeable scum element in their support who selfishly act with little regard for the decent followers of their team, or their own club.

7 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

In what way exactly? Because people have selective offensive levels?

They do. Personally neither would upset me. I'm a proddy scottish tim. I'm guessing calling someone a tattie muncher would be more upsetting than a tim. Hey I might be wrong. Maybe a resident tarttie munching tim might be able to clarify?

16 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

The whataboutery from both sides is off the charts.

Some Rangers fans are doing a job of trying to excuse the demolition of the toilets.

"it happens all the time"

"they called us Huns"

"they hung "effigies""

"why are the mhedia publishing this story"

"but, but, but, but"

Both sides have a sizeable scum element in their support who selfishly act with little regard for the decent followers of their team, or their own club.

This.

Both teams have scum in their support and there's no moral high ground to be had here.

Both clubs need to hammer the perpetrators but as usual it'll just be hot air and no change.

6 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

This.

Both teams have scum in their support and there's no moral high ground to be had here.

Both clubs need to hammer the perpetrators but as usual it'll just be hot air and no change.

It's an interesting development clubs can opt to deal with things like this "in-house".

:lol:

I also like the new approach from police Scotland, I presume they'll employ the same tactics when it's 20 wee boys at a Motherwell game.

:ok:

They seem to think 1 arrest means a good day, it just means they turned a blind eye. I don't really think folk should be getting the jail for something they sing at the football, but it does annoy me a bit that both sides of the old firm get away with murder at grounds all over the country due to the numbers, while the police pick on 14 year old Motherwell and Hamilton fans.

51 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

No one said it was. 

If Rangers hung a reciprocal banner saying "know your place Tim scum" I doubt people would be that bothered by it.

I like this push of the "This is it bhoys, this is war" as some sort of call to arms in the Glaswegian Sectarian Wars, has no one ever heard 99 Red Balloons?

Nena is in her mid 50's these days and would definitely be worth a ride.

1. Effigies - moronic 

2. Grown ups chanting about paedophiles - moronic 

3 . Trashing stadiums - moronic 

4. In Old Firm game banners talking about " war " - moronic 

5. Last Saturday's events in Belfast - moronic .

The behaviour of some fans is beyond normal comprehension of the normal human being . However what is very dangerous are statements from clubs using situations to take some type of moral high ground where there is none The Rangers statement reeks of playing  to the fans much like Green did . 

Also I wonder what will happen at Pittodrie . 

56 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It's an interesting development clubs can opt to deal with things like this "in-house".

:lol:

I also like the new approach from police Scotland, I presume they'll employ the same tactics when it's 20 wee boys at a Motherwell game.

:ok:

They seem to think 1 arrest means a good day, it just means they turned a blind eye. I don't really think folk should be getting the jail for something they sing at the football, but it does annoy me a bit that both sides of the old firm get away with murder at grounds all over the country due to the numbers, while the police pick on 14 year old Motherwell and Hamilton fans.

Totally agree.  Strathclydes finest are an embarrassment to this country. Scared of arresting bigots in case they get in a fight.

Nothing will change without a zero tolerance policy. Especially for the Old Firm fans.