Rangers Fans Again - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers Fans Again

54 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I've not read all of the thread but can someone summarise how we got from trashed toilets to 99 Red Ballons?

Apparently one of the banners declaring war on the huns is actually a love sentiment from the song 99 balloons according to an imaginative soul on here. 

It's everyone else's fault that it is not understood as such.

I think that was the latest excuse anyway.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So being a bellend is ok as the other side are allowed to be equally as big bellends? 

And how far does this reciprocal arrangement extend?

Assaults, murders? your point is ridiculous. 

Not as ridiculous as that response.  As stated, it referenced the banner people seem to be up in arms about and if that banner was reciprocated by Rangers towards Celtic, I doubt anyone would be bothered by it(I may be wrong).  No one, not anyone, apart from you has mentioned murders and assaults justified because the other side have may have perpetrated such acts, that is the musings of mope who longs for such situations to happen so they can be offended by it.

The Rangers statement is a mere smokescreen to cover the pumping they've just had, the indifferent start to the season they've had, the lack of proper investment in the squad, the questionable singing policy, dubious finances of the current BoD, complete lack of infrastructure modernisation and that the manager is able to manage the side Monday to Friday from London whilst looking for an out.

Moving on, Nena of 99 Red Balloons fame; Aye or Naw?

8 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

To a certain extent yes but it also needs the SFA /SPFL to do something and the Police could put their coffee and doughnuts down and nick a few folk too.

A concerted effort would be far more effective. 

I cannot understand the lack of action on all fronts on this.

Was speaking to someone who was at the game on Saturday, said they were in the front row above an exit, facing the police, and the guy next to him was belting out the Billy boys etc. with all the add ons, he'd warned him the police were watching him, but he didn't care, as that's all they were doing, watching him.

I know if I stood up at any Motherwell game and started shouting that sort of stuff (not that I would), I'd be lifted and charged for offensive behaviour.

I completely agree that the offensive behaviour at the football act shouldn't only apply to old firm fans, but as a non old firm fan, it appears it's used to harass wee boys at diddy teams, while the bigger problem is ignored.

Edited by sbcmfc

7 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Apparently one of the banners declaring war on the huns is actually a love sentiment from the song 99 balloons according to an imaginative soul on here. 

It's everyone else's fault that it is not understood as such.

I think that was the latest excuse anyway.

Ninety-nine decision street
Ninety-nine ministers meet
To worry, worry, super scurry
Call the troops out in a hurry
This is what we've waited for
This is it, boys, this is war
The president is on the line
As ninety-nine red balloons go by

Read more: Nena - 99 Red Balloons Lyrics | MetroLyrics 

If I was a Celtic fan, that's the reasoning I'd be using.  We all know how they enjoy 80's music at Celtic Park with Depeche Mode and Simple Minds being favourites...

Edited by BremnerLorimerGray

35 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Clubs could identify those responsible for the effigies, the banners, the bigoted singing and ban them from games. They have no interest in doing so though. 

It's why the Rangers fans still sign about being up to their knees in fenian blood every other week with impunity. Rangers could easily stamp it out through use of CCTV and banning those identified. 

I'm not sure if other clubs have the abilities to,but I know for a fact there is a new camera focusing on the away end at pittodrie that can count the amount of pimples on their spotty faces when they come calling next week. 

24 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

To a certain extent yes but it also needs the SFA /SPFL to do something and the Police could put their coffee and doughnuts down and nick a few folk too.

A concerted effort would be far more effective. 

I cannot understand the lack of action on all fronts on this.

I can. Rangers profit from the bigotry, why would they want to stop it? The SPFL are controlled by the clubs and the SFA are too scared to act (and have pretty limited powers to do so anyway). 

13 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I'm not sure if other clubs have the abilities to,but I know for a fact there is a new camera focusing on the away end at pittodrie that can count the amount of pimples on their spotty faces when they come calling next week. 

I look forward to the zero arrests being made. It's a shame it wasn't there years ago, it might've caught the cretin who hit me with a coin.

51 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

1. You know all about me and what I do at games.  So stop making shit up.
2. I never accused you of being obsessed.  So stop making shit up.
3. "sad pathetic little lives" could easily explain someone who posts and reguritates the same pish on an almost daily basis.  

I'm not trying to justify anything that has happened.  Find a post where I do, and I will apologise.  What I am trying to point out is how much of a boring cnut you are.  

you are frothing at the mouth because you hate hearing the truth about the disgusting organisation you support.

you're one sad little man

Just now, vanderark14 said:

you are frothing at the mouth because you hate hearing the truth about the disgusting organisation you support.

you're one sad little man

1. Not frothing at the mouth at all.  Just calling you boring.
2. I know the truth from my own experience, and the likes of you talking about it on here, two, maybe three times a day.  Please see point 1.
3. 6"1 and happy as Larry.  

2 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

1. Not frothing at the mouth at all.  Just calling you boring.
2. I know the truth from my own experience, and the likes of you talking about it on here, two, maybe three times a day.  Please see point 1.
3. 6"1 and happy as Larry.  

you only find me boring but only because what I say is negative against your team. If I was doing the same for Celtic you'd be all over it and agreeing with me. 

Edited by vanderark14

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

you only find me boring but only because what I say is negative against your team. If I was doing the same for Celtic you'd be all over it and agreeing with me. 

#lovinglists

1. Show me where I agree with you/anyone on negativity posted about Celtic.
2. I will then apologise to you.

Here's my take on it all as a rangers fan. 

Zombies - Banter 

The four horsemen - Banter

Zombie nation when a goals scored - Banter

Tombstones with you'll not be missed - Banter

Carrying a coffin to the game when the city rivals are relegated (Birmingham Fans) - Banter

Fcuk uefa - Glorious 

No blood stained poppy - Vile 

The "monkeys" have died - Racist

Zombies are factional, paedophiles are real - Sickening whether true or not.

Ireland flags and union jacks - Laughable

Flags of war - No place at football

Use of the word "hun" on here included - despicable

The image of the celtic fan touching the ball boys head after he got hit with the ball, Clearly asking if he's ok. With the caption " any excuse to touch wee boys" - Horrifying

Wrecking toilets - Idiotic, Just as bad as selik ripping out seats.

Effigies aimed at an ex player who's brother took his own life is the worst of the lot and had nothing to do with a club dying.

Lee Wallace is a grass.

Edited by Mazziessc

12 minutes ago, neilly71 said:

Rangers fans are huns regardless of their religion (I know a couple of Catholics who support Rangers, they are without doubt Huns) so the word is not sectarian.

Yeah, I would say Hun and Tim are equivalent terms. To me they mean Rangers or Celtic supporter regardless of religion.

Celtic really lack the strength in depth of insulting terms for Protestant Rangers supporters, in comparison to the multitude of insults they have up their sleeves.

:lol:

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Yeah, I would say Hun and Tim are equivalent terms. To me they mean Rangers or Celtic supporter regardless of religion.

Celtic really lack the strength in depth of insulting terms for Protestant Rangers supporters, in comparison to the multitude of insults they have up their sleeves.

:lol:

Billy-Tim

Hun-Fenian

Protestant-Catholic

1 minute ago, Mazziessc said:

Explain... all Celtic fans fenians then?

I am catholic and I am in no way a hun.

No, because fenian is a term for a catholic regardless of the team they support, a Hun is a term for a Rangers supporter regardless of their religion.

If you support Rangers, you are a Hun (no offence). You might not like being called it, and you may even consider it offensive, but it's not sectarian.

Just now, Mazziessc said:

No. Fenian is a derogatory term for an Irish Catholic. 

Hun is a derogatory term for Rangers fans, regardless of religion, creed, colour, sexual orientation, etc. 

Just now, sbcmfc said:

No, because fenian is a term for a catholic regardless of the team they support, a Hun is a term for a Rangers supporter regardless of their religion.

If you support Rangers, you are a Hun (no offence). You might not like being called it, and you may even consider it offensive, but it's not sectarian.

So coz i am a catholic rangers fan i am a fenian?

Or am I hun. (no one said hun was sectarian btw)

3 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

So coz i am a catholic rangers fan i am a fenian?

Or am I hun. (no one said hun was sectarian btw)

In the eyes of some rangers fans or bigots, you are a fenian, yes.

To everyone else, you're a Rangers fan, therefore a Hun.

9 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Youre a hun in my eyes! No matter how the fans of the new  Offended FC (aye, you've really pinched Celtics crown these last few years) go on about it, its not sectarian. The fact it gets on the goat of some huns makes it even better. Why are you asking me if all Celtic fans are Fenians?  Now, we probably both know the correct meaning of Fenian, in that it is correctly a term for anyone in the Irish Republican Brotherhood, its now used as a slang term for a Catholic, so tbh i doubt you could apply that to the Celtic support en-masse but its not really for me to answer as I dont and never have referred to myself or the Celtic support as Fenians, Tims is a different matter.

24 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Billy-Tim

Hun-Fenian

Protestant-Catholic

Incidentally, nobody on a day to day basis calls Rangers fans Billys. I wouldnt even know what someone was refering to if they called someone a "billy".

Edited by neilly71

25 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

In the eyes of some rangers fans or bigots, you are a fenian, yes.

To everyone else, you're a Rangers fan, therefore a Hun.

Fcuk it, I think I'll be a fenian hun, more of a ring to it. It will also confuse the eejits who use these words as part of their daily vocabulary.

9 minutes ago, neilly71 said:

Youre a hun in my eyes! No matter how the fans of the new  Offended FC (aye, you've really pinched Celtics crown these last few years) go on about it, its not sectarian. The fact it gets on the goat of some huns makes it even better. Why are you asking me if all Celtic fans are Fenians?  Now, we probably both know the correct meaning of Fenian, in that it is correctly a term for anyone in the Irish Republican Brotherhood, its now used as a slang term for a Catholic, so tbh i doubt you could apply that to the Celtic support en-masse but its not really for me to answer as I dont and never have referred to myself or the Celtic support as Fenians, Tims is a different matter.

Spot on!! Exactly the same for the meaning of the word Hun. We both know what it means......

Regardless of fenian/hun. Both words/terms are barking and have no place at football. Regardless of official meaning or legal stance, we both know the hidden meaning.

7 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

What a thread :lol:

I wasn't being serious earlier . . . 

I said all those things pointing out how bad sections of both support are and that's all that got picked up on :lol::blink: