Rangers Fans Again - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers Fans Again

Spot on? Naw, hun carries no sectarian connotations, I think coined by a judge after Rangers rampage through Birmigham in 1972 when he compared them to the Hun. Either that or possibly some lost in history entendre from the first world war. Anyway, Huns can be free to be offended, thats fine as its not exactly intended to be a complimentary thing, this is football rivalry and all that, however it doesnt mean anything other to me than they are followers of Satan. where do you stand on the description Orcs?

Edited by neilly71

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Mazziessc said:

Effigies aimed at an ex player who's brother took his own life is the worst of the lot and had nothing to do with a club dying.

Has there been any evidence to suggest Kris Boyd was the target there? I'd like to think even the morons who produced that display wouldn't stoop so low.

13 minutes ago, Mox said:

You're a soup taker.

I would be had I "jumped the dyke" so to speak.

10 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Has there been any evidence to suggest Kris Boyd was the target there? I'd like to think even the morons who produced that display wouldn't stoop so low.

About as much evidence as there is for the folk saying a body with a rangers scarf represents a club.

Your clearly not familiar with the celtic support.

22 minutes ago, neilly71 said:

Spot on? Naw, hun carries no sectarian connotations, I think coined by a judge after Rangers rampage through Birmigham in 1972 when he compared them to the Hun. Either that or possibly some lost in history entendre from the first world war. Anyway, Huns can be free to be offended, thats fine as its not exactly intended to be a complimentary thing, this is football rivalry and all that, however it doesnt mean anything other to me than they are followers of Satan. where do you stand on the description Orcs?

Jazz it up however you like. It is not sectarian and it most definitely isn't "football rivalry" 

Orc's are green, likely to be found wandering parkheid in the late evening or disguised as a empty seat on match day.

Edited by Mazziessc

21 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

I would be in the same thought,still doesn't excuse a hanging dummy in a football ground though. 

9 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Jazz it up however you like. It is not sectarian and it most definitely isn't "football rivalry" 

Orc's are green, likely to be found wandering parkheid in the late evening or disguised as a empty seat on match day.

Im a bit lost, whats not sectarian? Are we still talking about huns? Anyway... 

Image result for empty ibrox

4 hours ago, BremnerLorimerGray said:

Not as ridiculous as that response.  As stated, it referenced the banner people seem to be up in arms about and if that banner was reciprocated by Rangers towards Celtic, I doubt anyone would be bothered by it(I may be wrong).  No one, not anyone, apart from you has mentioned murders and assaults justified because the other side have may have perpetrated such acts, that is the musings of mope who longs for such situations to happen so they can be offended by it.

The Rangers statement is a mere smokescreen to cover the pumping they've just had, the indifferent start to the season they've had, the lack of proper investment in the squad, the questionable singing policy, dubious finances of the current BoD, complete lack of infrastructure modernisation and that the manager is able to manage the side Monday to Friday from London whilst looking for an out.

Moving on, Nena of 99 Red Balloons fame; Aye or Naw?

Wow. You've taken the bullshit and really run with it, haven't you?

I used an absurd comparison to show how stupid your point was and suddenly I'm hoping to see folk murdered?

I'm not offended by anything football fans do. I'd have to give a toss for their opinion first.

When I say something is offensive I'm speaking in general terms as I know I'm thicker skinned than most.

One thing we do agree on is the Rangers statement. I'd be much happier if they hammered the lavvy wreckers and merely said they would be working with Celtic and the authorities on all of the issues around the game.

Much more dignified and sensible in my view.

As for Nena, naw.

4 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Was speaking to someone who was at the game on Saturday, said they were in the front row above an exit, facing the police, and the guy next to him was belting out the Billy boys etc. with all the add ons, he'd warned him the police were watching him, but he didn't care, as that's all they were doing, watching him.

I know if I stood up at any Motherwell game and started shouting that sort of stuff (not that I would), I'd be lifted and charged for offensive behaviour.

I completely agree that the offensive behaviour at the football act shouldn't only apply to old firm fans, but as a non old firm fan, it appears it's used to harass wee boys at diddy teams, while the bigger problem is ignored.

I'd just like to see some of the worst offenders lifted during the games.

Effective policing needs to be seen happening at these games or the scumbags will think they can get away with the stuff like this weekend. 

4 hours ago, BremnerLorimerGray said:

Ninety-nine decision street
Ninety-nine ministers meet
To worry, worry, super scurry
Call the troops out in a hurry
This is what we've waited for
This is it, boys, this is war
The president is on the line
As ninety-nine red balloons go by

Read more: Nena - 99 Red Balloons Lyrics | MetroLyrics 

If I was a Celtic fan, that's the reasoning I'd be using.  We all know how they enjoy 80's music at Celtic Park with Depeche Mode and Simple Minds being favourites...

And you'd be a liar.

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

I can. Rangers profit from the bigotry, why would they want to stop it? The SPFL are controlled by the clubs and the SFA are too scared to act (and have pretty limited powers to do so anyway). 

I look forward to the zero arrests being made. It's a shame it wasn't there years ago, it might've caught the cretin who hit me with a coin.

I don't disagree about Rangers attitude. it's depressingly got worse with this board instead of better, as it should have done.

If the SPFL are controlled by the clubs then surely they can act? after all its only 2 clubs that have scumbag fans, is it not? ?

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Hun isn't sectarian and never will be, they can scream all they like about it. It's not sectarian

I think it was the bastion of all truth & sensibility Nil-By-Mouth that decided/declared/stated that Hun was a sectarian term :ok:

Edited by Glasgowmancity

5 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

I think it was the bastion of all truth & sensibility Nil-By-Mouth that decided/declared/stated that Hun was a sectarian term :ok:

Does it matter if it's Sectarian? 

If you insult folk, whether via sectarian terms or not, you're still looking /causing trouble.

An attitude that doesn't really help anyone. 

The banners, effigies etc at the weekend were the worst I've seen at these games and I can see why they upset folk.

I wasn't at the game or watching/listening so can only imagine the song book from the Rangers supporters.

Both sides let their clubs down badly and are excusing their actions with the other sides "provocation".  both sides are a disgrace in my opinion. 

13 minutes ago, BremnerLorimerGray said:

Mope, truly a mope.

If you say so. 

I don't even know what that term means but I'm guessing it sits alongside the " I've no answer to your point, so I'll throw out a made up term" universal defence? 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

If you say so. 

I don't even know what that term means but I'm guessing it sits alongside the " I've no answer to your point, so I'll throw out a made up term" universal defence? 

I simply stated that I believed people wouldn't find offence with a particular flag if another side happened to use it(we can't factor in Rangers fans incredible sensitivity into normal conversation).  A hypothetical situation.  You have clearly taken real offence to that, used ludicrous and nonsensical comparisons which absolutely doesn't elaborate whatever warped point you were trying to make.  

1 hour ago, BremnerLorimerGray said:

I simply stated that I believed people wouldn't find offence with a particular flag if another side happened to use it(we can't factor in Rangers fans incredible sensitivity into normal conversation).  A hypothetical situation.  You have clearly taken real offence to that, used ludicrous and nonsensical comparisons which absolutely doesn't elaborate whatever warped point you were trying to make.  

I've said several times I haven't taken offence to anything. clear on that now?

I've also already said I made my comparison ridiculous to show the nonsensical point you had tried to make about "its OK coz they can do it too".

You just don't seem to be able or want to understand. 

So to be ultra clear. Nothing, especially you, has offended me. your point was nonsense.

I've omitted the analogy so you can hopefully get it without Deflection this time.

28 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I've said several times I haven't taken offence to anything. clear on that now?

I've also already said I made my comparison ridiculous to show the nonsensical point you had tried to make about "its OK coz they can do it too".

You just don't seem to be able or want to understand. 

So to be ultra clear. Nothing, especially you, has offended me. your point was nonsense.

I've omitted the analogy so you can hopefully get it without Deflection this time.

Stop taking things to heart, you can't take offence at everything on the internet.

On 9/13/2016 at 11:11 AM, Mazziessc said:

Effigies aimed at an ex player who's brother took his own life is the worst of the lot and had nothing to do with a club dying.

See this, if i were Boyd i'd be more annoyed with moron's like you trying to say effigies were aimed at his brother's suicide, than the dolls themselves.

You are using a poor mans death to try and point score and are as low as the clowns who decided an effigy with a Rangers scarf was a good idea in the first place.

If you want to see a scumbag, take a look in the mirror.

I don't for a second think the effigies had anything to do with Boyd or his brother.  They were definitely in tremendously poor taste though and the tying of the hands behind the back made it even worse (although in way prove it had nothing to do with Boyd).

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

See this, if i were Boyd i'd be more annoyed with moron's like you trying to say effigies were aimed at his brother's suicide, than the dolls themselves.

You are using a poor mans death to try and point score and are as low as the clowns who decided an effigy with a Rangers scarf was a good idea in the first place.

If you want to see a scumbag, take a look in the mirror.

I find this whole business of believing nonsense in order to generate a steaming head of moral indignation and outrage very disturbing. It is getting worse and worse it seems. They actually convince themselves of this ridiculous shit and then get all worked up over it. I genuinely believe it is a form of mental illness.

The hun word is another great example. In another few years they will all have convinced themselves it is a sectarian term. Many on here have already convinced themselves. This is just another example their lunatic thinking and no matter how contradictory the facts are it will not matter. They WILL believe it. I suspect some of them are fully aware of this but pursue it anyway as part of their 'war' on all fronts attitude. Much like there is none so blind as those who WILL not see this is a mental issue not an evidence or factual issue. 

Edited by thplinth